Topic: One way only

Hello Gurus,

I have a question : is it possible to build in FSB strategy for selling or buy only?
If yes can you please help me and let me know how to achieve it ?

Thank you in advance!

Re: One way only

Yes you can. Use Long or Short indicator to filter direction.

That is so cool!  Although, I'm a bit curious of what kind of situation where you'd only want to test out only selling/buying... would it just be for personal amusement and curiosity? lol

I find it helpful, it's very important to determine if a profitable strategy is "real" or just curve fitting and good luck. Some strategies look great, but using Long or Short, it could show it was mostly all longs in an uptrend -- so when uptrend ends, how will strategy perform?
Also, can use it with logical groups so one set of rules enter for longs, second set of rules enter only shorts.

krog wrote:

I find it helpful, it's very important to determine if a profitable strategy is "real" or just curve fitting and good luck. Some strategies look great, but using Long or Short, it could show it was mostly all longs in an uptrend -- so when uptrend ends, how will strategy perform?
Also, can use it with logical groups so one set of rules enter for longs, second set of rules enter only shorts.

Krog

Would you have a strategy available that you could post showing this principle..... two sets of rules...

I see that this could be a most useful feature, am not having any ideas as to how to accomplish it.

Thanks for your help

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I think this would be an example. Basically, turn on Use Logical Groups, then set all the long conditions to "A" with Long or Short set to "A", then add the short conditions set to "B" with Long or Short set to "B".

Post's attachments

LongShort.xml 4.63 kb, 1 downloads since 2012-03-20 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks for this, I will let you know how I make out with it.

This gives me another idea for a variation on the synthetic data effort. Without messing with a strategy, you could just swap-in an inverse dataset. Seems like a great idea to check for over-optimization.

krog wrote:

I think this would be an example. Basically, turn on Use Logical Groups, then set all the long conditions to "A" with Long or Short set to "A", then add the short conditions set to "B" with Long or Short set to "B".

Thanks for this......... I see what you mean now after looking at that strategy

Thanks again.!!

Glad I could help. Also, I have to mention: I don't think I ever used this technique in an actual strategy. The strategy above, I put together with 2 indicators that would give frequent signals, I just picked them at random.