Topic: issue withe trader doing the exact opposite of the strategy

Can someone help, for some reason the strategy trader is always doing the opposite of the strategy builder. On the charts of strategy builder it says a a sell, but the trader does the opposite.

Is there anything I am doing wrong, did I press some do the opposite key?

all help will be appreciated.

Re: issue withe trader doing the exact opposite of the strategy

Post screenshots - the strat, points in FSB and FST where it goes wrong.

I am uploading the pictures of the strategy chart and the result on my MT4,

http://s10.postimage.org/thnre9eud/strategy.jpg

Opening (Entry Signal)
Open a new long position or add to an existing position or reverse a short position at the Lower Band of Donchian Channel* (1, 0) when the following logic condition is satisfied:

the Alligator (Smoothed, Median, 13, 8, 8, 5, 1, 0) Lips rises.
Open a new short position or add to an existing position or reverse a long position at the Upper Band of Donchian Channel* (1, 0) when the following logic condition is satisfied:

the Alligator (Smoothed, Median, 13, 8, 8, 5, 1, 0) Lips falls.
Closing (Exit Signal)
Close an existing long position at the Trailing Stop level or at the constant Take Profit level. Initial Stop Loss: 800 pips; Take Profit: 400 pips.

Close an existing short position at the Trailing Stop level or at the constant Take Profit level. Initial Stop Loss: 800 pips; Take Profit: 400 pips.

Handling of Additional Entry Signals
Entry signal in the direction of the present position:

Add to the position regardless whether it is at a profit or loss. Do not exceed the maximum allowed number of lots to open.
Entry signal in the opposite direction:

Close the existing position and open a new one in the opposite direction using the entry rules.
Trading Size
Trade an account percent truncated to an acceptable number of lots.

Opening of a new position - 5% of the account equity.
Adding to a position - 2.5% of the account equity. Do not open more than 5 lots.
Reversing a position - 5% of the account equity in the opposite direction.
Permanent Protection
The Permanent Stop Loss limits the loss of a position to 400 pips plus the charged spread and rollover.

The Permanent Take Profit closes a position at 400 pips profit reduced with the charged spread and rollover.

--------------
* Use the indicator value from the previous bar for all asterisk-marked indicators!

thanks for any and all help

http://s13.postimage.org/ya8na7otv/trader.jpg

As I said I wished for screenshots, especially the strat. At the moment it is hard to take notice and understand. If you really can't do without copy-paste, then please use Post Strategy feature, then I can't read the strat wrongly.

Seems dodgy, but I'm confused, please post a screenshot of the actual strat in FSB (the very first impression of FSB window). Have you closed FST already? Screenshots of it would be helpful too.

Donchian seems to work ok, that's all I can say at the moment.

Many of my strategies would work better if you did the opposite! big_smile

I realized the issue. the problem is that while not using past bar makes the strategies more powerful, it repaints for the positive... which sadly doesnt happen in real life.

lesson to be learned..

if you want more realistic results, then DO NOT use current bar.