Topic: problem data file "could not determine the number decimal seprator!"

Hi, hope someone might be able to suggest why this error is occurring.

I use FSB to test strategies for the Australian Share Price Index Futures Contract.

I generated the appropriate data file from a MT4 broker offering this Indice and FSB worked fine.

However when I tried to use a different data source I started getting the error message "could not determine the number decimal separator!" and the data file would not load.

I thought I would post the working and non working data file to assist others in suggesting what might be the problem, but the files were too large.

Interestingly this lead me to reduce the size of my working data file from approximately 49000 rows to 1000 rows and I was shocked to find that the data file no longer worked in FSB.

I used Microsoft Excel 2010 to edit the data file, then Notepad in case Excel was altering the format somehow.

I am at a loss as to why I am getting this error message.

Hoping someone might suggest a solution

thanks in advance

Post's attachments

SPI2001.csv 41.68 kb, 2 downloads since 2012-02-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Popov 2012-02-16 10:49:43)

Re: problem data file "could not determine the number decimal seprator!"

Hello dave88,
Please try Forex Strategy Builder v2.65 Beta . It is available for download at the download page. The data loading algorithm was improved in this beta version and I think it will load your data smoothly.

EDIT

I tested the file bu unfortunately unsuccessfully.  FSB cannot determine the time of the bars since they do not met the required hh:mm:ss or hh:mm format. AM data are shown with one digit for the hour instead of the required 2 digits. Example: 0:50 must be 00:50.
We'll try to fix this issue in the next beta version.

Thank you Mr Popov, the latest beta version of the software successfully loaded the files and the error message is no longer occurring

dave88 wrote:

Thank you Mr Popov, the latest beta version of the software successfully loaded the files and the error message is no longer occurring

Anyway, I'm going to publish a new beta tomorrow. It will read natively h:m:s time formats.