Topic: FST EA MT4 Live loses but wins identical parallel Demo Chart

When will we able to upload demo and live Account histories again to forum for analysis? EA lost big today on Alpari(US) live account. SL, TP, BE didn't work properly on live account chart but did work properly for identical EA attached to identical demo chart running at same time in parallel on Alpari(US)demo.  Have sent proof [both account histories] to Aklpari(US). It's not a question of the data being slightly different.  It's major.   SL,TP,Be Reverse, etc working on Demo but not working on Alpari (US) live.    when will Popov return?

Re: FST EA MT4 Live loses but wins identical parallel Demo Chart

Forum gets fixed when Mr. Popov returns, he should be back any day now, fingers crossed.

Do you have screenshots, logs? Account history doesn't tell how everything exactly happened, which modifications were sent, what error messages etc.

Works on demo but fails live, I've had SL/TP trouble too, and it wasn't so much a problem of FST but my broker and its handling of MT. MT as a trading platform is POS, it is crap, it is designed to protect the brokers not traders. The odds are if you were trading the same strat with an EA, you would have same problems.

I would like to hear what your broker thinks about it.

thanks for quick reply, footon.  Have studied journal/charts for live and demo and concluded that on live someone at Alpari(US) 'raided' my SL and BE on existing  multiple profitable positions.  trading .01 lots so perhaps a cheap lesson for me and hardly worth the raider's efforts.  Is there some way to hide the SL setting from raiders?

I'm not sure, Popov can clarify this. Theoretically speaking it should be possible, as I've read about EAs with that sort of function.

I resolved it by setting closing points to previous bar highs/lows, that way closing is forced by FST, works for short-term trading with low targets. But mind you, if broker wants to screw you over, then it will screw you over, throw couple of "off quotes" or "trade contex is busy" errors in, and every EA will fall apart. Only upside here is that we can erase Alpari from the brokers list.

anyone still left on broker's list?  Oanda??

Well, I take it you are in US, so you don't have too many options. Oanda might be better than Alpari, haven't heard dreadful horror about Oanda, they even pledged in not using Virtual Dealer plugin (google it, if you haven't heard about it, was a real eye opener for me about MT). As far as I understand money talks - bigger deposit requirement (starting from 10k and up) means better quality. Other possibility is just to scout and test until you find the one.

just opened an [Alpari(US)-JForex(Dukascopy)] demo account.  Is FSB-FST in any way relevant?  If so, where can I find instructions/tutorials??

ok, found this on FSB forum.  will peruse
MT4JForexBridgeTutorial_118

pdf tutorial:

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/forex/jforex/forum/download/file.php?id=249

Suppose it is true that MT4 dealers sometimes deliberately or automatically "spike" price-quotes to trigger stoplosses set too "tight" in a "live" account. [they don't bother to do that in a demo account.]  presumably that spike triggers any too tight SL settings that the dealer 'knows' about, that is those appear on the open Order S/L column, set either by the Strategy Property Permanent SL or by the Break Even function.  But what about the Trailing Stop Limit that is set in the Closing Point of the Position? If the trailing stop is set "too close", will it be triggered by a "spike", either immediately or at the end of the bar? And if the trailing SL is triggered only at the end of the bar, isn't there some way to tie the trailing SL to the 'bar closing' rather than to the spike?  Or has Popov already done that? Does the Trailing Stop Limit effectively ignore 'spikes' or SL 'raids'.