Topic: Time issues

Hey,

I found a promising strategy which uses the day opening combined with one indicator as entry signal. I backtested the strategy with Dukascopy tick data. These data use the time setting UTC+0. Now I want to demo test the strategy with the Forex Strategy Trader but my broker uses a different time setting. Their servers use UTC+2. So can I adjust that the day opening should be at 2 o'clock (UTC+0 = 0 o'clock) ???

Thanks for help,
Peter.

Re: Time issues

Use Entry Time indicator I suppose.

I tried this today. Entry Hour Indicator with value 0 for entry hour and entry minute. Results differ from the Day Opening indicator. How can I simulate the Day Opening indicator correctly or is this a bug ?

Peter83 wrote:

I tried this today. Entry Hour Indicator with value 0 for entry hour and entry minute. Results differ from the Day Opening indicator. How can I simulate the Day Opening indicator correctly or is this a bug ?

If you can post your results and explain why the results differ maybe we can come up with a solution. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean there is a bug.

Guess I detected the problem.

On Sunday day opening is not at 00:00. So I need to have two Entry Time indicators. But that doesn't work because then the time has to be 00:00 AND 20:00 what's impossible.

So i need to let the indicator(s) check whether there is 00:00   OR  20:00.

Is this possible?

Use logical groups.

works.thanks