Topic: Why does the software do this??

Why can I generate a strategy in FSB yesterday, optimize it, save it and then come back today and it gives a completely different result?  Why could I load it several times yesterday and it give the result it was optimized as but today a completely different result?

Re: Why does the software do this??

Doh! Had "Use previous bar" ticked, now it makes sense, it hit me while inside eating tea.

Gribbit wrote:

Doh! Had "Use previous bar" ticked, now it makes sense, it hit me while inside eating tea.

Did one strategy's equity curve go straight up? In general, best to have Use Previous Bar controlled automatically by FSB. In the automatic control, it gets ticked if the strategy has "Bar Opening" or an indicator gives a price level to enter; it's unticked if the strategy uses "Bar Closing". This avoids simulating entering at the bar opening when the signal is actually given some time in the bar or with info only known after the bar closes.

Thanks Krog

I did a bit more research on the use of the Use Previous Bar after I posted and it said exactly that, the tester will open the position at the start of the bar and before the actual cross(in my case) has occurred. Equity curve was nice and straight and FST wont open any trades because the entry condition will never occur, I believe. Hindsight is wonderful but it never happens in real life.