1 (edited by fotlitbow 2011-11-03 12:29:20)

Topic: different result in XP and 64 bit Win7

I found the result is slightly different in Win XP and Win7 with exact same data and strategy file. Any clue? .net thing?

BTW, my win7 is 64 bit version. When the Strategy Builder was installed, it was in the Program Files folder, not Program Files (x86) folder. Not sure if the 32 bit version in Win XP differs in any way.

Re: different result in XP and 64 bit Win7

also have XP on one PC and Win7 on the other, using same data, FST strategies on Alpari US MT4 demos and frequently get very different results.  In particular, the BreakEven function seems to work differently.  On Win7 machine, I keep getting these "0.00 profit" trades where a buy/sell order occurs at some price at some time and much later, sometimes hours later, the order is closed by a S/L price at that exact original buy/sell price.   "Break Even" setting of both FSB and FST was 415  on the last such "0.00 profit" trade.  My FSB and FST are installed on Program Files (x86). What to do?????

Very interesting, I try to recreate the situation.

Please give mo details about your results.

Thanks-  more info -- when I tried to download FSB 2.65.0.0 beta recently, my Win7 quad-core PC totally "froze up", had to force shutdown of PC and restart ---  thought I managed to "return" to previous FSB 2.64.0.0, which is what I still have on XP computer --- but now discover on Help that it says FSB 2.65.0.0 Beta has somehow magically!! appeared on my Win7 PC!!----that could account for slight differences in MT4-FST Expert executions,   
BUT it DOESN'T explain the really significant differences there seem to be between the execution of the Break-Even function [in FSB  versus by the Expert in MT4-demos] even for modest break-even Alpari settings [275-350].  When the BE function is exercised by a WinReduce strategy in MT4, shouldn't there result in the MT4-Demo Account History, several lines, with different entry prices, but all with the same SL price and exit time, but with small BE profits????

I frequently get this FSB error message when running generator   

-Unhandled Exception has occurred ---Object reference not set to an instance of an object
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Forex_Strategy_Builder.Journal_Positions.SetUpJournal()
   at Forex_Strategy_Builder.Journal_Positions.OnResize(EventArgs eventargs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Forex Strategy Builder
    Assembly Version: 2.65.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.65.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Forex%20Strategy%20Builder/Forex%20Strategy%20Builder.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Is this my problem with generating with a fixed break-even setting???

jgp wrote:

I frequently get this FSB error message when running generator   

Is this my problem with generating with a fixed break-even setting???

If you leave it zero, no errors then?

Leave WHAT zero??

Oh, you mean leave BE as "None".  No this error message comes long before, whenever I activate FSB 2.65 , so I press "Continue" whereupon FSB appears but the simple Balance/Equity charts are no longer available and generating frequently 'hangs up' and FSB has to be forced 'three-finger crash' to close.

looks like the break-even function set in FSB v2.65.0.0 beta when applied to FST v1.4.8.0 doesn't do what the Overview says it does.  It doesn't set the S/L to the break-even price when the profit reaches the breakeven settings.  Instead it sets the S/L price to the order entry price, for a true breakeven with no profit. please someone address this problem.  Please

where oh where is the promised article by Popov on the recent Break-even modification of FSB????   For this member, the MT4-FST Expert based on the FSB doesn't do what the FSB and FST says it will do.  If someone, anyone, gets advertised results, just say so.  It would be nice to know what you have to do to get them to work as advertised, but just saying that you have would be appreciated.   Here's what it says  the Expert willl do

"The position's Stop Loss will be set to Break Even price when the profit reaches" the BreakEven setting under Strategy Properties.
In the demo stategy supplied, that BE setting is 500 pips.