Topic: FSB and JForex

Hi,

I'm new hear, I tried reading up on things, but I might have missed things here and there so please excuse my ignorance if my question is obvious...

I've downloaded tickdata, plus ohlc/4 data for all timeframes for the past year from JForex.

Why do I get ambiguous bars on timeframes like 5M and 15M? The tickdata should be more than sufficient to easily determine the order of Open, High, Low, Close for those timeframes, even for 1M this should be super accurate.

And how do I make the tester use a specific timeframe? I went into 'data horizon', and set the data fields to the start and end date of my jforex data, but why then do I have to specify a maximum number of bars? There is a specific amount of bars in that period for the timeframe I pick (say 15M).

Re: FSB and JForex

Oh, sorry, this should have been in the Forex Strategy Builder forum...

Why do I want this info? I want to make sure that FSB isn't curvefitting. I want it to make a strategy for a certain period, then I want to test it on another period.

Re: FSB and JForex

Caal wrote:

Why do I get ambiguous bars on timeframes like 5M and 15M? The tickdata should be more than sufficient to easily determine the order of Open, High, Low, Close for those timeframes, even for 1M this should be super accurate.

Sometimes depends on the indicator, some indicators say "ok to open a position", but don't specify long or short (ex, ADX).
If you open the chart, at the top, there is an exclamation mark (!) button. Click, it will highlight all of the ambiguous bars. If you mouse over one of those bars, then look in the dynamic info on the right to see the indicator values, it will show "Is long entry allowed" and "Is short entry allowed", both as "Yes".