Topic: Error recovery in FST

I have a problem with my MT4 demo account, for some reason when FST sends an order at 00:00 it gets the response "Market is closed". If I try to enter the order manually at 00:00 with MT4 it still fails so this is not a problem with FST but with my broker.

This does raise the question that if for some reason I have to enter the trade manually will FST then take over and close the trade according to the strategy?

Re: Error recovery in FST

I have spoken to my broker and it appears that at 00:00 they close the market for 5 mins. I am told it is because many of the banks stop quoting and the spreads widen considerably at this time. They have had many complaints from clients being stopped out due to the widened spread. Is it possible to change the code like you did with Week CLose 2 to allow an opening 5 mins after 00:00?

Does the program not continue to send orders until the order is accepted........ ie, would it not continue to send orders until they are filled..?

To change the indicators would affect all users and all existing strategies, and we are all on unique time zones... and our brokers are all different and in different locations, changing the indicator re clock could be a disaster.

Just my thinking......  lol

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

Does the program not continue to send orders until the order is accepted........ ie, would it not continue to send orders until they are filled..?

It doesn't seem to. It just says "failed to execute order! Returned: Market is closed" and then stops.

I bet that is most irritating.....!

I have not experienced that situation with any of the brokers I have used.....

Perhaps Popov will have a workaround for that condition.

Blaiserboy wrote:

To change the indicators would affect all users and all existing strategies, and we are all on unique time zones... and our brokers are all different and in different locations, changing the indicator re clock could be a disaster.

Just my thinking......  lol

We may be in different time zones and different places but most work on GMT or GMT+ 3 as my broker is. I can do it by using Entry Time instead of Entry Hour but not sure how that would work if I set entry hour to 00:05 using 30 min. bars. If I do that on FSB I don't get any trades.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I bet that is most irritating.....!

You bet! It's like the brokers are out to get you.

Each broker, especially the newer ones has a way to increase their profits.

I don't have an idea how to compensate this broker issue. The problem is that the bar actually starts at 00.00 so FST starts sending signals at that time.

Probably we can do something in the expert in order to hide ticks from 00:00 to 00:05. In that case FST will "start" the new bar at the first tick arrived at 00:05.

It's better to change your strategy rules or to change the broker.

So in this scenario where I have built a strategy in FSB using 30 minute bars and run it with FST, does the periodicity of MT4 have to be set at 30 mins.

The reason I ask is because I can change the Opening Point of Entry Hour from 00:00 to 00:05 in FST but will this still open the trade if MT4 is set to 30 min bars or does MT4 need to be set to 5 mins bars.

If I set MT4 to 5 mins then the indicators will obviously be wrong.

If you use Bar Opening on a 30 min chart, both FSB and FST can send orders only at round 30 minutes.
In this case you can move your entry at 00:30.