Topic: Problem with strat builder

I have already put in the settings as shown here:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/forexn.jpg/

However, when i run the generator, nothing happens. Is there something i'm missing out here? Thanks for the help.

Re: Problem with strat builder

It may be that you have to let the generator run longer as it does substantial calculations.

It may be that you have too many requirements under the 'Limitations' tab.

You will learn a lot by experimenting with different settings

I hope this helps

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I removed all of the limitations and ran the generator. Although yes, now i see some results but in the end, the opening and closing conditions i've set are all changed.

Is there a tutorial somewhere to teach me how to use this?

The strategy i want to test is a EMA crossover strategy. The periods are 10 and 20. I'll be using all of my equity with 50x leverage. That's pretty much it. I'm thinking of throwing in stop-losses later.

poke around the site, there is documentation at the top of this page, read messages in the forum.

There is a learning curve to this software...... you will find that once you put in some study that the software will give you some interesting results.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

watisit wrote:

I removed all of the limitations and ran the generator. Although yes, now i see some results but in the end, the opening and closing conditions i've set are all changed.

Is there a tutorial somewhere to teach me how to use this?

The strategy i want to test is a EMA crossover strategy. The periods are 10 and 20. I'll be using all of my equity with 50x leverage. That's pretty much it. I'm thinking of throwing in stop-losses later.

User manual:http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/manual/start
It's not perfect, but it's a good start.

When you have finished the manual and still have problems, please shout out loud what is the exact problem or what do you want to achieve. From your second post I kind of get an idea you just want to backtest a strat, so define your strat in those logic slots you see in FSB, study the equity chart, statistics and the trading journal to extract as much information as you can about your strat's performance and that's it. FSB performs backtest instantly!

Thanks, i managed to get it working. Next is about the stochastic oscillator. The one i normally use is (10,10,0.8,0.2) But i'm not sure how to input it into the program. At the stochastics part of the opening logic condition, i don't know what to input for Fast and Slow %D periods.