Topic: Speeding Up FSB

FSB seems to restrict the CPU usage to 50%. If I leave my computer running overnight with nothing else to do except generate a strategy it seems it could do a lot more work if I could increase this to say 90%. Is it possible to do this?

Re: Speeding Up FSB

FSB uses 1 core only. This core goes to 95-98%, but if you have 2 core processor, the windows show 50%.

If you want to load your comp, you can run one FSB for each core.
Each calculation cycle of the generator is independent, therefore 2 FSB for 1 hour run = 1 FSB for 2 hours.

There's a pretty big memory bandwidth overhead in running multiple instances of FSB not to mention if one tries to exhaust a combination space on 2 or more individual instances, youre bound to do at least some of the same tests more than once.

Its very nice to see that each cycle is independent. That should ease the process of threading for further enhancement to the capabilities of current 4/6 core systems.

Greetings,
I`m planing to upgrade my computer with a 6 core amd processor. What impact this will have on FSB work? Will it run 6 FSB with no sweat?

Other than the aforementioned you just need a lot of memory.
Ive seen FSB eat up 500MB+ of RAM so to cover that x 6 instances + overhead for the system, 4GB would seem useful.

I love that you can launch as many FSB's as you want and each will chug in it's own space. I run several at once trying all sorts of combinations. I'm only using 50k bars for each, not sure I need more than that. My goal is to fully load the processor (100%) especially for overnight generating.