forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Advice needed - Portfolio Expert vs MT5 completely opposite backtest

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Advice needed - Portfolio Expert vs MT5 completely opposite backtest

Hello, After testing the same Expert Advisor on several MT5 platforms, I found that the quality of the backtest history was very low unlike the MT4 platform, this may be due to brokers because they can make changes in the data of the history they import into their demo account.

I tested the same EA over the same timeframes with the same settings on 3 different brokers and got vastly different results.

tomaria wrote:

Hello, After testing the same Expert Advisor on several MT5 platforms, I found that the quality of the backtest history was very low unlike the MT4 platform, this may be due to brokers because they can make changes in the data of the history they import into their demo account.

I tested the same EA over the same timeframes with the same settings on 3 different brokers and got vastly different results.

Yes, I always use the "live" account to export data from (into EAS), rather than the demo account, and then I'll use the "live" account to run any backtest from -despite then possibly running the EA in the demo account.   Your point is correct though, not all demo data is the same!

Did you adjust GMT???

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have experienced different performance in MetaTrader tester due to different starting bar.

It happens when a strategy trades continuously.

I'm trying to detect such cases by adjusting the Data Horizon in EA Studio to start testing on the same day as MetaTrader tester.

You may tray splitting your Portfolio in parts and testing them separately.

You can  change the Symbol Settings in the MetaTrader 5 Tester

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/symbol-settings-mt5-tester-thumb.png

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → Advice needed - Portfolio Expert vs MT5 completely opposite backtest