Re: Different results on Real Account and FSB Pro Journal results

Popov wrote:

Try to reduce Bar Close Advance to 5 seconds.
Are the spreads and swaps same?

I see you use "FSB Demo Data" data source. Are the data files same in FSB and in MT?

The MT4 has less spread, it's dukascopy data.

About the swap, I'm sorry I didn't check it, I'll check it.

do or do not there is no try

About the swap, yes it's slightly different, but I don't think It'll affect the number of trades (let's ignore the drawdown first), afterall I use bar closing as closing point and it's hourly timeframe, so the position will be closed in every bar. Please CMIIW.

BTW Is there any trick, so when I change smoothing method to simple and base price to close, the performance won't be affected?

I'm sorry I forgot to attach the strategy on previous post.

Regards.

Post's attachments

EURUSD H1 04062016.xml 13.5 kb, 7 downloads since 2016-06-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I'm gonna backtest it with 5 seconds Bar Close Advance first, sorry I don't read your answer carefully and missed this.

Here is the backtest result with 5 seconds  Bar Close Advance, there is not much difference compared to the default setting
https://s33.postimg.org/xun6bvlzv/Strategy_Screenshot_03062016_2.png

In the strategy trading the simple means the better!!!

So, I loaded your strategy and removed the last two indicators and received virtually the same result and balance curve.

http://s33.postimg.org/qred67tsb/screenshot_1696.jpg

This is with DukasCopy data. When I switch to MT Data the result is different.

http://s33.postimg.org/vekf7zh57/screenshot_1697.jpg

I exported it to MT and run the tester.

It gives me the same deals:

http://s33.postimg.org/ocmhlsdjf/screenshot_1698.jpg

The end balance in my case differs with less than $2 between MT and FSB.

I cannot reproduce difference between MT and FSB in equal data and conditions.

There is some confusion regarding MT4 and FSBPro relationship.

There is a definite requirement that for fine tuning of your strategy, you require your broker trading account data to be loaded into FSBPro. This has to be right.

Once you have satisfied yourself as to the validity of  your strategy using your trading account data..... there is no reason to be playing with MT4 and 'backtesting' and running a demo account.... doing these adds to the complexity of your research and is also a significant waste of time.

There are stats in FSBPro which adequately measure your strategy performance, far better than in MT4, and as you can see from this thread.... using MT4 to 'prove your strategy'consumes a lot of time...

Popov has demonstrated several times that results are just about the same when the data is the same. why waste time playing with MT4?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Best practice is to learn to use the features in FSBPro, particularly the statistics..... so that you can understand what your strategy is going to trade like.

In the case of the strategy in this thread..... the System Quality number is 1.41 which says loud and clear that it will fail, this one needs a lot of work to get the quality numbers.

33 (edited by yonkuro 2016-06-06 02:09:42)

Hi Popov, I'm really sorry for wasting your time, it's purely my mistake, I misunderstood something.
I just realized that "executed orders" in FSB is equal to 2x "total trades" in MT4 .
I imported data from my broker directly and did a backest. After comparing the result, I found 99% similarity.
It proves that FSB backtest is reliable. Thank you for your support.

And thanks for your advice David.

I just realized that "executed orders" in FSB is equal to 2x "total trades" in MT4 .

This cannot be in another way. We use two separate terms for two separate things:
- position - this is our state on the market. It can be one of these three: Flat, Long, Short
- order (transaction) - this is the action we exercise on the market: Buy, Sell, Set SL / TP, Move SL, Close, Reduce, Reverse...

FSB measures everything precisely. On the other hand, MT even doesn't distinguish order from position.

Let's see this example: Buy, Add, Close.
This is one long position managed by three separate orders (transactions).

Another example: Buy, Add, Reduce, Add, Reduce, Add, Reduce...
Here we have also one position, but 7+ orders

What a precision software! Excellent Popov, it's really a masterpiece.

yonkuro wrote:

What a precision software! Excellent Popov, it's really a masterpiece.

Often people feel that they need to rely on MT4 to confirm FSBPro.

The reason FSB was built originally was to correct the errors in MT4 because it has so many...

People relying on MT4 are defeating the purpose of using FSBPro as well as consuming valuable time.

It took me a while to realize that....

So many people want to justify FSBPro against MT4, when actually MT4 is a crap can.

I use Mt4 as a bridge....... to connect  to the broker, not to watch the pretty charts.

I guess I can do that because I try to create strategies and test them extensively in FSBPro before attaching them to charts.

I spend more time testing strategies with FSBPro tools than I do making the original strategies. weeks and weeks of walk forward and Monte Carlo, until I am satisfied with the numbers.

People should realize that MT4 is designed to make people donate their account to the brokers, that is why they have substandard metrics in the program...... they want you to over trade and also to lose your deposit to them.