Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Few features i would like to see:

• FSBPro Theme Editor, make a user friendly color changing theme editor, i find out all the themes abit hard to read the balance and equity charts, and abit hard to read the indicator chart, would be cool to create a user friendly editor like that for those who want a custom theme that would be more easier for him to read/see/work.

• At the MQL side of things an option to use Hidden AKA (Stealth) SL/TP/BE/TS, most of the brokers are MarketMakers and they can see your positions as a statistic and thats not fair, so by using hidden positions that would benefit us alot.

• An ability to make a choice of how to cut and use data like ether by BARS or by DATE, that way we wont need to get into the system folder and change things from there, it will make it more easier, so an option of ether using by BARS ether using by DATE.

• At the free data download tab(Data Import TAB > Data Download) please add tick data! *also implement limit by BARS or DATE like at the suggestion above that one.

• Max Number of MonteCarlo simulations please make it over 200, lets say 10,000 max.

• Please please please make the Top of the Collection(Repository) more then 100!, ability to define by the user would be great (max 1,000,000), i would like to see the full list of the strategies that was collected.

Thanks, i would love to hear what you think about those suggestions smile

*I forgot to about a very important thing!
• Add an option to the Generator to lock an indicator but that type of new lock feature would lock an indicator so it couldn't be changed by the generator like the regular lock feature BUT this type of new lock feature will NOT lock the locked indicator's settings,

for example:
Lets say we used an ADX indicator as a Closing Logic Condition and we are now in the Generator tab,
so we use that new lock feature on that ADX indicator,
we hit start, and the Generator would work the same as always but it would NOT replace the ADX indicator BUT it will change the settings inside of it like: ADX rises/ADX falls/ADX is higher then the Level line/ADX is lower then the Level line/etc...,
plus it can also change the Smoothing method, Base Price, Period, Level and etc.. (EVERYTHING EXCEPT "ADVANCED INDICATOR PROPERTIES")

• Add an option to the Generator to lock an indicator

You cam "link" an indicator slot. When a slot is "linked", the Generator may change the parameters but will not remove the indicator.

http://s2.postimg.org/qu3ddaqk5/screenshot_1342.jpg

Popov wrote:

• Add an option to the Generator to lock an indicator

You cam "link" an indicator slot. When a slot is "linked", the Generator may change the parameters but will not remove the indicator.

http://s2.postimg.org/qu3ddaqk5/screenshot_1342.jpg

Ohh, my bad, thats great!, i thought it will lock the whole thing..,Awesome!

BTW: Walk forward analysis would be great if it would be added: here is a commercial link of an example:
http://www.easyexpertforex.com/

That thing would be hugeeee if it would be implemented!, more ideas would be added in the future smile

You are right. I'm planning Walk Forward after finishing the dynamic protections.

281 (edited by Karish 2016-01-18 20:19:07)

Popov wrote:

You are right. I'm planning Walk Forward after finishing the dynamic protections.

Rock on!, Awesome news!, it would be great if you impliment some of my suggesttions above the WalkForward Anylisys suggestion smile,
would be even more cooler if it would be possible to add an option to use Offline charts of those types:

• Standard Tick Charts

• Renko Charts
*NOTE!: Renko bars should be always used with Wicks to let the backtester know the history and use it statistics + there is another sort of renko bars that are built for backtesting they are called non-gap renko, example of both sort of those renkos:
Renko with wicks:
http://www.az-invest.eu/wp-content/uploads/renko_mode_2.gif
Renko with non-gaps:
http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1658275&stc=1&d=1429617392

• Renko Point Original Charts AKA Side going Renko Charts:
Same renko bars just with side going
http://www.az-invest.eu/wp-content/uploads/eurusd_pointo.gif

• MedianRenko Charts
Same renko bars just with 50% building
http://www.az-invest.eu/wp-content/uploads/medianrenko_50_retracement.gif

• ShiftRenko Charts
Same renko bars just with 30% building (Adjustable % Value)
http://www.az-invest.eu/wp-content/uploads/medianrenko_30_retracement.gif

Thank you for your time, i really hope that those types of charts would be readable and implimented into FSBPro,
Those charts would open huge possablities and it would be much more robust then the original standard charts..
think about it, the thing here is the candle size will ALWAYS BE THE SAME unlike the original standard charts, so thats a huge plus!
please check my posts in this thread here: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5525/renko-charts/

I agree, renko charts itself are providing great advantages because they are natively able to filter out a lot of noise.

Karish wrote:

Those charts would open huge possablities and it would be much more robust then the original standard charts..
think about it, the thing here is the candle size will ALWAYS BE THE SAME unlike the original standard charts, so thats a huge plus!
please check my posts in this thread here: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5525/renko-charts/

283 (edited by Karish 2016-01-19 20:27:18)

zenoni wrote:

I agree, renko charts itself are providing great advantages because they are natively able to filter out a lot of noise.

Karish wrote:

zenoni, Thanks for your supportive comment buddy smile
that can truly be a game changer!, i believe so because i used trade Renkos manually with S/R levels but as long it is manually it sucks... you know what i mean.. smile

if FSBPro will support those time of charts this would be a beast!,
we can let the generator do all the work smile,
it is a bit harder to get something curve fitted on renko bars if you know what you doing you can build very robust algorithms using those kind of bars smile

i hope Mr. Popov and the team would be except the challenge and implement it somewhere in the near future, that's my wish for 2016 btw smile

Popov

Would you be good enough to design a spreadsheet which will import a strategy and show all of the elements.

OR..

Is it possible to change the file type of the strategies so that they can be imported easily.

Reason being........ some of us would like to be able to examine each indicator in the strategy and be able to use a sort in order to detect efficiencies or inefficiencies.

eg... H is using a lot of strategies with tiny variations in a couple indicators and she wants to be able to adjust them in order to improve their efficiencies....

Myself, I am using varied strategies and would like to be able to sort them to detect best performing indicators.

The present format of the indicators seems to be difficult to import for this purpose, I wonder if there could be a variation.

Thanks

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Can you propose a proper format for the exported file? What columns and what info you need? We have integrated Excel export module in FSB, it will not be difficult to add another exporting function.

Sure, I will collaborate with H and come up with something.....

Will be a few days before we arrive at a solution as I will want to see what forum members think also.

Thank you very much

daveM

287 (edited by yonkuro 2016-02-17 23:54:53)

I hope there will be a "load all" button for respository indicators. So the new user don't need to load the indicators one by one.

do or do not there is no try

Welcome aboard Abetrex,

Thanks for your information.  Would you kindly next time post your announcement in the relevant section, here under "General Forex Forum" http://forexsb.com/forum/forum/15/your-announcements/

You may be in the wrong forum.  If our users want to follow signals, we wouldn't be here using FSB to develop our own EA....just a food for thought.

In due respect, this section is for FSB discussion and not for any sales/marketing pitches. Any further violation of forum ethics, user will result be ban.

Appreciate your kind cooperation smile

Hannah, we have zero tolerance to spammers. This user is deleted (together with his post) and reported as a spammer.

Hi Popov,

Thanks for keeping FSB forum "clean" from spammers.

Now I know, I can exercise my "axe" with no mercy on future spammers smile

I wish for "Auto GMT offset" feature, especially for opening/closing logics that are time dependent, such as "entry hours", "day opening/closing", "week closing". So we can use strategies that use those logics for various brokers.

do or do not there is no try

Hi Popov,

Can you add in "save as" button under the FSB Pro Strategy Portfolio, whereby all the opened strategy can be save under a new folder/portfolio?

Currently, these are the functions, 1) Refresh, 2) Export Portfolio.  I would like to have "Save as" all the ticks strategy to a folder so that it is easier for me to select all the good ones and save them together.

Thanks

Please consider adding to  each indicator an identity slot so that the journal can reflect which indicator triggered the entry in a complex strategy.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Please consider adding to  each indicator an identity slot so that the journal can reflect which indicator triggered the entry in a complex strategy.

Hi Dave,

Can you kindly elaborate this a bit more?  It flew above my head smile

How to add entry slot to portfolio?  Is there a save function to save the opened EA into a specific portfolio folder?  Of cos the other conventional way is use file explorer and just cut and save into a new folder...but I thought I might be missing a un-discovered gem in FSB.

would be great if the chain could be used to develop complex strategies

as it is now, the"B" disappears immediately when the generator starts, limiting what we can develop.

Yes I agree.  If we can control the variables, we can have better control of the results

I think we need indicators for highest high and lowest low

Donchian Channel ?

Popov wrote:

Donchian Channel ?

I use Donchian quite a bit on higher time frames. but there are different applications for highest and lowest

300 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-26 15:49:34)

this may be a bit vague but can you increase the drop down options of the exit logic conditions.

i have done well with entries but the ea the generator has developed just does not know when to exit......it was my main problem in manual trading......invariably my exit made me look stupid: i do not book ten pips profit and the market drops 100 pips; i book 30pips profit and the market rises 175 pips.

how not to look stupid on exits?