Re: Winning-Loosing Strategies Why?

dr.B wrote:
Paul75 wrote:

I just want to say in forex trading reverse strategies do not work. And making loosing strategies very easy because spending money is easy than earning money.

Hi Paul75

so what is your solution?  what works for you?

I think we have a spammer in this thread (building his credibility), say a word dr.B, and his posts are gone from your thread  smile

I hope you had a nice Christmas, and I wish you a prosperous New Year!

footon wrote:

I think we have a spammer in this thread (building his credibility), say a word dr.B, and his posts are gone from your thread  smile

I hope you had a nice Christmas, and I wish you a prosperous New Year!

Thank you,  I wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year too smile

re Paul75 i don't really care  if he has some incite to offer let him talk if he is spammer than he likely will not comment

footon wrote:

Not working, hopefully it will get fixed in February.

Try this for uploading - http://forexsb.com/forum/_extend/index. … load/index

Do you get index out of bounds error too?

hi  Footon
I tried to upload the filter (still in it's Beta state)  to the site you provided but it only accepts the XML files.  saving the .cs file as an .xml and uploading it gave me a PHP Error... sad  I don't understand Why it does that and if i can do anything to change it

dr.B wrote:
Paul75 wrote:

I just want to say in forex trading reverse strategies do not work. And making loosing strategies very easy because spending money is easy than earning money.

Hi Paul75

so what is your solution?  what works for you?

Hi Paul 75
I am glad u responded smile
in your initial comment you are very definitive regarding your position on reverse engineered strategies
I would  hear more on what made you come to this conclusion and what is the solution in your opinion?

I personally don't know one way or the other if all this effort is going to work,  I do know that there are people that constantly make money following  their system.  What my goal is, is to find a system that when certain conditions are satisfied it will consistently give me a known percentage of success .

I really hope to hear from you soon  smile

dr.B wrote:
footon wrote:

Not working, hopefully it will get fixed in February.

Try this for uploading - http://forexsb.com/forum/_extend/index. … load/index

Do you get index out of bounds error too?

hi  Footon
I tried to upload the filter (still in it's Beta state)  to the site you provided but it only accepts the XML files.  saving the .cs file as an .xml and uploading it gave me a PHP Error... sad  I don't understand Why it does that and if i can do anything to change it

You are right, this is not a working solution either, sorry for that. Dopamiin, who is somehow looking after the forum, said the strat repository can be used for uploading vital files while the attachments are not working. I as an optimist believed him without confirming it myself...
Sorry again.

I think I found a way, do the following:

1. Open a strategy file from FSB Strat folder, rename it first;
2. Copy your code and paste it in the strat file, just below the strat lines;
3. Upload the file.

I know it's a hassle but at least it serves the purpose.

footon wrote:

I think I found a way, do the following:

1. Open a strategy file from FSB Strat folder, rename it first;
2. Copy your code and paste it in the strat file, just below the strat lines;
3. Upload the file.

I know it's a hassle but at least it serves the purpose.

Hi Footon

I Have much Better Idea wink

http://FSB-FST.4shared.com/

under Filters DIR  i put my file  the 'PullBack Entery BetaV3.cs ' file
as it says its a Beta version  it works good  for open, ( there might be an issue with it when y =0, have to test it)  and i have not played with closing much.  also i will eliminate the openType and  Close Type as i don't think it's needed. guys run it, look at it let me know where i can improve  thanks:)

oh yea the
http://FSB-FST.4shared.com/
anyone can open upload and download  files so use that site  until this site is working again

ps, I also put some articles I had,  i can add more if people like that

Excellent stuff, dr.B! Thank you very much! big_smile

One question though - can uploading be done without any signup, registration and upload manager download?

That's great, it looks like it's up an running !! Always happy to see people adding something new. I wasn't able to get Open entries, only OpenFilter (after Bar Closing). I think Component[0] and [1] which control buying and selling need to have Value set after the if about what slot it is. If it's Open, they should be drUp and drDn, the price drawn on the chart; if it's OpenFilter, they should be adUp and adDn (1 and 0 to allow entry). Then the same for Close and CloseFilter if clauses.
I got it to give signals with:

// Sets the Component's type
      if (slotType == SlotTypes.Open)
      {
          Component[0].Value = drDn;  // set Value here
          Component[1].Value = drUp;
          if (IndParam.ListParam[0].Text == "Buy if the X bar is Lowest Close")

if (slotType == SlotTypes.OpenFilter)      
          {
               Component[0].Value = adDn;  // set Value here
               Component[1].Value = adUp;
               if (IndParam.ListParam[0].Text == "Buy if the X bar is Lowest Close")

I'm not familiar with the pattern, does it look like it is finding it correctly?

footon wrote:

Excellent stuff, dr.B! Thank you very much! big_smile

One question though - can uploading be done without any signup, registration and upload manager download?

Yes,  rt hand side  choose a file you want to upload and click upload
no signup needed nor is the upload manager needed
and i think we have 15GB free

krog wrote:

That's great, it looks like it's up an running !! Always happy to see people adding something new.....
.....I'm not familiar with the pattern, does it look like it is finding it correctly?

thank you for the help with the open/close  i didn't realize that  'open', in order  to work, needed a different variable (drUp)  other than the ones used for 'open filter'  (adUP).  i thought that both Slots could use (adUP).  the (drUP) i used to draw the lines of entry on the chart.
the filter seems to find the patterns correctly ( with maybe one exception, when y=0.   in that case, it seems to return a signal every bar or most of the bars.  that is not necessarily incorrect as  all the indicator cares in that case is whether   the x'th bar 'Close' is above or under the previous X  # of bars... I will investigate it further and cleanup  the code b4 the  release.  and thanks again for all your help.  smile

One more Q,  Have you noticed that most of the systems work well for EURUSD pair as compared to the other Majors?