1 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-05 06:28:57)

Topic: Martingale not working

Hello guys
In the strategy condition i enable martingale, yet when i change the value double , triple , etc the balance equity does not change

Re: Martingale not working

It works fine. You probably have limited lot sizes, so it cannot martingale the position sizes.

3 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-07 05:53:40)

Thanks for the reply , but i have the right settings:
https://i.postimg.cc/4mg2qf6s/marti.jpg

Please read carefully what I said: lot sizes. But you are showing me martingale multiplier. I repeat - l o t   s i z e.

Additionally you are using "add" and "reverse" functions, which also affect the use of martingale due to insufficient lot size. So either drop those two or increase max lot size.

5 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-06-07 22:10:00)

Hello @Footon

I've set the maximum lot size to 1, with additional settings for adding 0.1 lots for both the same direction and reverse direction trades.

However, during forward testing on a demo account, the EA will start with a lot size of 0.01 and never increases the lot size as expected whether we have a same direction or reverse even with a capital of 5k with 1:500 leverage. This behavior seems to deviate from the intended rules.

In the backtest journal on the software, the EA does follows these rules:

Adding to a position: When there’s a signal in the same direction, add 0.1 lots, ensuring the total doesn’t exceed 1 lot.
    Reversing a position: When there’s a signal in the opposite direction, close the existing position and open a new one with 0.1 lots in the opposite direction.

Despite these rules being followed in backtesting, the EA only uses a 0.01 lot size during live demo testing and doesn’t adjust the lot size as specified when these conditions are triggered >it will only keep adding 0.01 lot size for both these conditions "When there’s a signal in the same direction" and " Reversing a position: When there’s a signal in the opposite direction, close the existing position and it open a new one with 0.01 lots in the opposite direction.

Hello Mukoek,

Please attach your strategy or export. We will test it and will solve the issue.