26 (edited by slipshod 2013-05-30 16:28:09)

Re: Reporting Bugs and Debugging of FSB v2.98.1 RC

Hard to fix a bug when you can't reproduce it wink

Can't attach the zip - too large.  Maybe PM me your email Popov and I'll send it that way?

Edit: nevermind, sent it to info@forexsb.com.  You'll have to extract the file, rename it to a zip then extract again - the only way I could get it past Google's paranoid checks as it has an exe file inside.

Your zip FSB works perfectly fine on my comp.
I restarted it several times.

http://s21.postimg.org/5owt0g3ar/screenshot_28.jpg

Is it possible to have bad permission on location where you have installed. copy the whole folder on your desktop and try again.

Edit: nevermind, sent it to info@forexsb.com.  You'll have to extract the file, rename it to a zip then extract again - the only way I could get it past Google's paranoid checks as it has an exe file inside.

7-Zip right click -> extract here makes wanders.

Popov wrote:

Is it possible to have bad permission on location where you have installed. copy the whole folder on your desktop and try again.

Ok just tried that, no difference.  Also tried running as Administrator.  Btw I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, all the latest updates installed.

Try to remove dll indicators from Libraries folder.

No luck, it still crashes.  The DLLs aren't rebuilt.

Put this FSB exe in the installation folder and try.

It most probably will work on your machine and will load the included custom indicators.

Unfortunately it crashes immediately hmm

Do you have MS Visual Studio? If not, can you install  Sharp Develop?

I think the only way to catch the issue is to debug on your machine.

One test we can do: To prevent loading of custom indicators.

On line 33 of config.xml set:

<loadCustomIndicators>False</loadCustomIndicators>

37 (edited by slipshod 2013-05-31 07:22:55)

Ok, disabling custom indicators allows the program to load.

Trying to install Sharp Develop, however its installer is complaining about not being able to contact the Windows Installer service (which is running, and I've been through all the microsoft steps to reset it etc with no luck).  Its just not my day.  I'll reboot soon and see if that fixes things.

Edit: After the magic reboot it installs.  I start Sharp Develop, then Debug -> Attach to Process, then start FSB & back to Sharp Dev to refresh the process list, but to no avail.  I can't get it to show either as a managed or non managed process, hence I can't attach & debug it.  Is there another way?

I thin'k that there is something wrong with .NET versions installed. Try to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. It will be necessary also for testing FSB Pro and I'm pretty sure it will fix the problem with current FSB.

That profile's already installed, am running a repair on it to ensure its ok.  I've edited my above message as well...

I'm compiling FSB targeting .NET 2 but MS Visual Studio uses features from .NET 4. They promised that support back compatibility. There were several updates to .NET 2 and also a service pack. All this works on my development machines but I have everything updated including the additional updates.

I'm installing now virtual machine to test FSB on Win XP with pure .NET 2.0.
This work takes great amount of time.

I'll try to compile FSB on .NET 2 but if it shows too much errors I'll announce a requirement for .NET 4 Client Profile for FSB and FST.

Edit: After the magic reboot it installs.  I start Sharp Develop...

I think you have to download FSB source code from GitHub and to compile it in SharpDevelop.
It will complain about Processor type 64, but it can be change in project settings.
Probably I'll have to take a look vie Windows Remote Assistance.

Ok, the .NET repair finished, another reboot, and FSB is still crashing.  2.83 works, 2.76 works and Pro works, its just the RC that doesn't want to play ball.  I've attached the crash report XML in case that helps, I also have a 10mb memory dump file if that's of any use.

<ProblemSignatures>
        <EventType>CLR20r3</EventType>
        <Parameter0>forex strategy builder.exe</Parameter0>
        <Parameter1>2.98.1.0</Parameter1>
        <Parameter2>51a58205</Parameter2>
        <Parameter3>System.Xml</Parameter3>
        <Parameter4>2.0.0.0</Parameter4>
        <Parameter5>4ca2ba8e</Parameter5>
        <Parameter6>210c</Parameter6>
        <Parameter7>230</Parameter7>
        <Parameter8>System.InvalidOperationException</Parameter8>
    </ProblemSignatures>

System.InvalidOperationException this is the error, but it doesn't help much!?

@slipshod does latest FST RC works? It uses the same changes as in FSB RC.

Yes, FST RC works.

This thread was composed from post of another thread. It seams that the order of posting is broken. First 11 posts must be after this one smile

Strange things happens some times.