forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Broker-Data or Dukacopy Date?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Broker-Data or Dukacopy Date?

Hey,

i am working on my 4th Course and struggling a little bid because of diffent informations.

In my first course there was described how to use "Premium Data" from Dukacopy and how to chnge the settings to the one of my broker. This sounds absolute correct for me, to use Data for Backtest nearly without gaps.

Now i learned in a Gold Course a method how use the Data / Download the Data of my Broker. I know this method many years and know that there are gaps inside.

What Data will be the best way to perform a Backtest?
Without any experience i prefer to use the "Premuim Data.
Am I right? Or is there anythig difference, that i have not in mind?

Thank you.

Frank aka Dragon

Re: Broker-Data or Dukacopy Date?

Hello Frank,

Now EA Studio uses Premium Data as a default data source. These are the best quality data you can find.
Our server receives tick data from Dukascopy and composes bar data for EA Studio.

The best is to test if the strategies created and tested on the Premium Data make the same performance as in your Meta Trader. If they are the same or very near, it is best to stick with the Premium Data. However, you may change the timezone to match your one.

If you want your results to match completely, you have to export data from your broker and import them in EA Studio. Please sue the scripts provided within EA Studio for that purpose.

I'm using both methods depending on the case.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Broker-Data or Dukacopy Date?