forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Adding additional Portfolio Strategies to MT4 (VPS)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Minch 2020-05-19 14:46:29)

Topic: Adding additional Portfolio Strategies to MT4 (VPS)

Hi,

Technical question, please.

I have rented the standard MT4 host VPS and currently have 5 portfolio strategies on there. I have since closed the chart windows so no longer have the EAs on the active chart, but these have already been sent to the VPS, so no matter.

Now I want to add another 3 strategies so that I have 8 in total.

I'm assuming that I need to add the MT4 charts and send all 8 strategies again, because if i send just the 3 on their own, they will overwrite what is there already, and I will end up deleting the 5 and adding just 3. Is that correct?

If so, do we know what the effect on the magic numbers will be, for existing trades? I will need to ensure that same magic numbers will be used for the same EAs, so there shouldn't be any effect on those, am I correct?

Do I need to close the existing trades down before re-adding the strategies?

Thank you for your help,
Matthew

2 (edited by Minch 2020-05-20 18:55:24)

Re: Adding additional Portfolio Strategies to MT4 (VPS)

Update from MT4 forum : You need to synchronize/migrate with all 8, because otherwise the 5 first will be stopped and the new 3 will be the only running.

As I thought. For info in case anyone else has the same question.

id still like to know from this forum, though, whether there is any effect on the existing trades that the porfolio has placed? Ie, if my EURUSD strategy has an open trade; I delete the portfolio and reload this with the same magic number; will this still close the trade when the conditions are met?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Adding additional Portfolio Strategies to MT4 (VPS)