forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → No strategies generated using broker's data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: No strategies generated using broker's data

Hello

I exported my broker's data using the EA Studio export data script. Then pasted the .json files inside EA studio's drop zone. But when I run the generator, no strategies got generated. I used the default acceptance criteria. Entry lots set to 1 (also tried to change it to 0.1 but also nothing). Initial account set to 100,000. "Generator settings" also at default settings with preset indicators unticked. 

But if I used the "metatrader-demo" data source provided by EA studio, I could see some strategies were generated.

Any ideas why? Any help is appreciated

Also is it possible to change the initial account (under account settings to any numbers but the ones provided by the drop down)?

Thanks
Sandy

Re: No strategies generated using broker's data

Depending on the data set and the number of bars, the Generator may not find strategies with enough trades. You may try to reduce the "Minimum count of trades' from 100 to 10.

Also is it possible to change the initial account (under account settings to any numbers but the ones provided by the drop down)?

The Initial Account value is used in one place only, to calculate a possible Margin Call. It doesn't reflect on strategy performance.

Hello Popov

There are about 30k bars for M30 compared to 65k from metatrader-demo. So probably not enough bars. When you say "depending on the data set", is there a certain criteria required for broker's data?

If I lower the minimum count of trades from 100 to 10, yes I got some strategies generated, but based on small sample of 10. So probably better to look for alternative data source

Is it possible to change the initial account (under account settings) to any numbers (like 25,000) other than the ones provided in the drop down)?

Thanks
sandy

Sorry just saw your reply for intial account

Please ignore last part of my previous reply

Thanks

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → No strategies generated using broker's data