Topic: Different results / stats / calculations Firefox <-> Chrome

Hi Popov,

I am not sure if you have already noticed that, but if using the exact same settings + exact same strategy in Firefox and Chrome, the results are slightly different in almost all cases:

https://i.imgur.com/TXDglPQ.jpg

It´s not a big issue, but I was suprised about it still. Seems like this happens because of different rounding between the V8 and SpiderMonkey JS engines possibly?

Re: Different results / stats / calculations Firefox <-> Chrome

Mhm. Very interesting. So we don't know which one is correct.. and may compare them with MT to find the better one smile)))))

You can try to export and compare the journals with Notepad++. The difference may be in single trade.

Yea, a bit odd, surely something to do with rounding. I will take a deeper look when I have some spare time. Amount of trades is always the same, just the net profit (and hence some stats) differ. But it´s just a few $ within thousand of trades, that´s acceptable really ;-)

Hello sirs

@geektrader can you confirm if it was a isolated? (just one indicator is causing the bug)
or any strategy (with any indicator will) will  introduce the bug?

As always... excellent contributions to the community; keep the excellent reporting work geek!

@Popov

I did a backtest, for the at least 10 strategies, both browsers in the latest version

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/rounding-error-thumb.png

Fortunately returned the same result

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Hi ViniQ,

thanks for the kind words :-) So far it has happened with almost all of my strategies, but just with the ones that have many many trades, that is when rounding errors will start to cumulate (15000+ trades). So I think it´s really no big problem as the differences are marginal and if a strategy should break because of these little differences, it is not suitable for live trading anyway. Let´s see it as another stability test :-)