Topic: Free excellent EA for testing & comment

Hi everybody

I attach a free copy of an EA that I have worked on for a long time (5 years).
It is a grid trader and it works very well according to my own testing.
I'd love to get the opinion of other experienced testers.
More info is available on my web site.
Any feedback is welcome.

Regards
Andre

Post's attachments

SBPro_v2.6_150916.ex4 37.9 kb, 93 downloads since 2016-08-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Free excellent EA for testing & comment

I don't see the website link?

Is it a forward or reverse grid.... ie add to winners or add to losers?  What timeframe does it run on and do you manually handle it during market transitions or does it figure it out on it's own?  I've tinkered with some grids myself in calgo but as I'm sure you know it's hard to get one that doesn't blow up at some point.  I had a pretty neat one that was driven off the daily/4h heiken ashi (with some overbought/sold and trend filters) and could get some pretty massive scores in demo but it was difficult to get stable enough to run off less than a 10k account and I didn't trust it enough to put it on one lol.

akoorts wrote:

Hi everybody

I attach a free copy of an EA that I have worked on for a long time (5 years).
It is a grid trader and it works very well according to my own testing.
I'd love to get the opinion of other experienced testers.
More info is available on my web site.
Any feedback is welcome.

Regards
Andre

Hi

The web site is www.silverbulletea.com. I did not want to include it so as not to be seen as spamming.
There are tips and instructions on the site as well as a graph of demo trading etc etc
H1 works the best.  No manual handling of anything.  No blow-ups after 6 months.
It handles the long runs of trends very well by applying a few tricks that took me years to work out  :-)
It can still happen, but did not see it in the past 6 months.

Andre

Ran it through the backtester over 2 years with 1k lot size and 10k account... It works beautifully until it doesn't smile (and then it consumes the entire content of the account in very short order.)  Know a guy who has a pretty wild money management strategy with grids that works for him.  Instead of keeping it small trying to keep it alive, he pushes big lots knowing that they'll blow up at some point and then harvests weekly so he can restart after a blowup (as well as running baskets which it looks like you're already doing.) 

I've always been more of a fan of the snowball style of grid where you add to winners and only add positions when the stops are at breakeven, going the other way just seems like a fractionalized martingale.

Thanks for the comments.  Backtesting has limited use.
Look at the forward tests on the web site.
The best test is on a demo.  I'm trading live with it.
My money doubles every 6 months.

Could you explain why you view backtesting of limited use?

Backtesting is history and the pips you get are not very accurate, unless you are buying them.
There are things that are constant in backtesting, like spread.  The live account deals with variable spreads, different times of the day, week, etc.  The chances that backtest data will ever repeat itself is extremely slim as there are too many variables involved - you have a better chance of winning the lotto.  Backtesting is overrated will give you the wrong idea.  Run the EA on a demo account for 2 - 3 weeks and then judge the results.

8 (edited by torinfx 2017-01-05 13:33:39)

thank you akoorts, I backtested on MT4 with FxPro demo account, timeframe H1 EurUsd in 2016 only. It's very risky, it keeps opening the same position while increasing the lot size but account balance can go down fast, and it went down from 1.000$ to less then 300$ in May.

It's better for accounts with big balance, I seen you have a 30.000$ real account doubled in one year starting with 0.01 lot size, but what why did you stop the EA at July 2016?

I want to sell my Forex Strategy Builder Profesional Licenses (2 PC Licenses) for €1600..
Contact me at Whatsapp +62812 3999 1877, Or Email Pandapika@gmail.com

Thanks