Re: Is there going to be update (Profit Protection) features by end March?

Popov has undertaken a substantial rewrite of the program and I am sure you will be pleased when he issues the updated version.

As you can tell from the 'wish list' he has a large 'to do ' list and is working through it.

In the mean time he is issuing versions that enhance the current program.

If you have some ideas for indicators, perhaps you will add that to the 'wish list' thread with some detail and he will see if he can add that specific indicator.

OR  if you have a specific MT4 indicator that you want to be included in FSBPro, ie have the indicator code, perhaps you can ask Footon to have a look at it, he may be able to build it for FSBPro.

I am not too sure what you mean by profit protection indicator, there seems to be quite a few tools already

There is the Hard Stop in the Strategy Properties as well as Break Even

then there is the following available in the Closing Point Slot

Account Percent Stop
ATR Stop
Day Closing
Exit Hour
Stop Limit
Stop Loss
Trailing Stop
Trailing Stop Limit

Please be specific as to what kind of protection is needed in addition to all those.....

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Someone named 'Hannah' posted numerous FSB Forum entries on the subject.  All I did is to update Hannah's question  "Will we have Profit Protection by end of March?"

Her question was acknowledged and discussed by the developer and he is accommodating whatever requests make sense as far as trading goes.

Sometimes inexperienced traders dream up fantasy stuff.

In any event, you can be well assured that the development team reads every post in the forum and makes notes, although they do not always respond to every post

So, I gather a closing indicator that keeps track of profit [or loss] on a trade and when that profit retreats a certain percentage, closes the trade is a fantasy idea???

Nope, not a fantasy idea. works quite well with a trailing stop, a couple of which are in the program.

31 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-05-31 21:42:53)

No, there is a big, probably significant,  difference between closing a position when a specified profit or loss is first reached, and closing a position once a non-specific profit or loss is reached and then retreated from by some specified percentage.  The latter is profit protection.

Topic: Custom Stop Loss and Take Profit

I see. sounds just like a trailing stop. Thank you!

33 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-05-31 23:37:30)

My Bad.  apparently I didn't understand how the StopLimit indicator works.  [Neither did Hannah?] For Take Profit does it keep track of how high the price goes and then closes the trade whenever the price retreats to a specific price below that?  Or does it just close the trade whenever that TP price is first reached?  And what if a sale at that price is not accepted?  What I supposed 'profit protection' meant was however high the price goes, whenever it retreats by some percent the trade is closed.

34 (edited by jgp_altus 2016-06-01 00:14:21)

Me again.  I'm looking at the display the FSBPro Bridge puts at the top center of a chart.  at the end of the middle line it says "Profit" equals +/- pips? as of that tick if there has been a trade.  On the bottom line it says [since they've been selected] Stop Loss 1.12015, Take Profit 1.10383. 
So FSB Pro does keep track of amount of profit or loss.  But the SL & TP are for specific prices.  Why can't the the trade be closed when the Profit/Loss 'retreats' to 75% of peak? or to 90%?  thereby preserving some profits or reducing losses?

I suggest the use of a trailing stop to close the position on a retrace.

I think we have to invite Popov to join our conversation to make sure we are understanding completely how these tools work. I am not totally clear on Stop Limit and you have raised some interesting points.....

I am not totally confident that I see all properly. LOL (my bad)

Why can't the the trade be closed when the Profit/Loss 'retreats' to 75% of peak? or to 90%?  thereby preserving some profits or reducing losses?

I, as a programmer, can do almost everything, including this feature. The only reason it is not in the program is that every new feature makes the program more complex and slower and more unattractive for the customers.

I released FSB on 2006 and i'm adding new features constantly. A fact is that the user interest to the program has no correlation to the programs features.  I may say that very few traders understand the possibilities FSB has. It is already the world best backtester and adding new features cannot not change that.

How many new features you see in MetaTrader, in Excel, in Word in the last 5 - 10 year?

Now we have to concentrate to make the program more solid. To eliminate all bugs and to fix all custom case issues. This will add more value to all traders instead the next new thing in the software that will be ever seen by 1% of the users.