forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → FXCM: Decimalized Pricing = K.O. for DAX CFD Strategies created by FSB

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: FXCM: Decimalized Pricing = K.O. for DAX CFD Strategies created by FSB

@Mr. Popov
FXCM recently introduced decimalized pricing for Index CFDs. As I develop and trade strategies based on DAX CFD, for me it means at the moment that majority of strategies cannot be traded and developed using FSB. The reason is the limitation of values in key parameters like SL, TP, Trailing stop, Vertical shift, and other indicators using these parameters (like Trailing Stop Limit, etc.).

Until now DAX values at FXCM were like 9655, 10834, etc.
Now they are 9655.23, 10834.07, etc.

An example:
Until now, when I wanted to use Trailing SL of 650 DAX points, I simply entered the number 650 in the Trailing SL indicator.
Now, with decimal pricing, I need to type value 65000, which is not possible.

Can you please increase the limit of above mentioned parameters (and all related indicators) at least up to 100000, or better up to 200000?
I believe, not only myself would appreciate it.

Re: FXCM: Decimalized Pricing = K.O. for DAX CFD Strategies created by FSB

I'll do it in next release.

Thank you.

There is still another issue, probably not so critical, but strange.
See here an example from the GER3015.csv data file (I downloaded it directly from the FXCM MT4 chart):

2016.01.29,20:45,9822.00000,9840.00000,9820.00000,9833.00000,522

Strange is that it looks identically as before.
In other words, FSB Builder works correctly when values are entered in an old way (e.g. SL 650).
Does it mean that I will have to manually edit all related Indicator values before I start trading Strategies using FSB Trader in FXCM MT4 ?!

On the other hand, "positive" on this behaviour is that I can always use (without a necessity to manually edit) thousands of Strategies created in the Builder in the past. In comparison with this perspective, the necessity of manual editing in the Trader means much less frequent and thus much smaller discomfort.

You can test the strategies with SL = 650 and digits =  0, but it cannot be traded in that way. When the strategy is in the Trader or exported as an EA, it takes the settings from the broker. It will try to apply the same SL in point on the position, but it will be wrong. Fro example, if a short entry is at 9840.00000, the SL will be at 9840.00650.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your example.
Earlier, with 0 decimals, supposing the short entry at 9840.00000, when I entered SL = 650 in the Trader, the SL level was at 10490.00000. Trades were performed correctly.
Now, with 2 decimals, when I set SL = 65000 in the Trader, the SL level is again at 10490.00000. Trades are performed correctly again this way.
How did you come to 9840.00650?

2016.01.29,20:45,9822.00000,9840.00000,9820.00000,9833.00000,522

I see here 5 digits. Why does FXCM say they quote with 2 digits but use 5?

You are right, if the digits are 2.

Well, this is a mystery also for me then, how FXCM quotes?
Here just a screenshot with comparison of displaying prices from Account History before and after the change:

http://s7.postimg.org/9o9o5il8n/FXCM_decimals_1.jpg

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → FXCM: Decimalized Pricing = K.O. for DAX CFD Strategies created by FSB