1 (edited by GD 2015-07-21 08:48:47)

Topic: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Dear friends

Here is one M5 EA.  Can you help make it better?

I use 0.01 lots

http://s8.postimg.org/t5t8ov70x/image.jpg  http://s8.postimg.org/o5vsgx1e9/image.jpg

If you succeed please attach your own Strategy File

Post's attachments

Strategy M5.xml 16.58 kb, 102 downloads since 2015-07-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

which currency pair did you make this on?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

3

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

EURUSD currency

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Hi
Thanks for uploading.

Have just the strategy loaded with Pepperstone data the chart looks much different.

What data do you use appreciate Duk ..

lg Pit

5 (edited by GD 2015-07-23 05:09:05)

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

I used the FSB DEMO DATA with EURUSD

I started this post in order all members to speak on differences and find solutions.

One question is how to use such a result for different brokers.

The easy answer is to re optimize EA with FSB. It will be fine.

Try and M15 EA. It should behave better.

Recently, I created an M1 EA with 400 Yen/day win (straight line).

It can be thousands!


If nobody speaks, this post is useless...

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Hi GD,

It's a very encouraging thing to see people like you willing to share with the community what you have.  Not many here are willing to share such details in their strategies I guess, that explains for the lack of respond. 

Furthermore, for those who already "got there", don't think it make sense to share one's labour after years of research, testing etc. out in the open.  It's easier to share one's experience or general direction but to reveal one's strategy...probably not for those who finally found the "Holy grail", this is just my observation, unless someone here with the "holy grail" proved me wrong (which I'm sure many of us would be very happy).

I'm glad you have ventured into the 1min time chart...yes, the potential is HUGE (I don't know how to emphasize this point any further, I'm encouraged by those willing to venture and try).  Now, most my 1min EA would usually go beyond 500 pips within a day.  When it's a real breakout, easily above 1500 to 3000 pips.  So you are probably right that your 1 min could be thousands, I agree with you. 

For those who are interested to try 1min...here is something I just started and still observing. 

A extremely simple formula for 1 min

1.  Opening logic: Fractal up H4
2.  Closing Logic: Fractal down H4

Currently testing in my xauusd and it has accumulated to 6400 pips in 3 days!  Watching how it going to close and open for the next trade.  I also optimise this simple EA and now  undergoing testing and observation for this Fractal EA for 1 min.

Tried to download your 5 min strategy and but having problem open the file in FSB, wonder what steps I've missed.

Personally, I won't venture beyond 5 min, that's the longest "lag or delay" I can ever tolerate in my trading style.  I'm aiming for accuracy in EA, hence it's a difficult task to be accurate but slow in respond...these two element don't compliment well together.

Hannah

7

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Thanks Hannahi

This conversation is important for people who have stopped to believe in EAs or even FSB.

From 1-- useful tricks in EAs something can be useful if shared here.

I use JPY account. Maybe this is the reason it does not load to your PC. I am not sure.

I do not think that it is bad to create here one good EA with minor changes of the one I proposed

Of course I will not die if it will not happen.

Answers and offers are personal.

8 (edited by hannahis 2015-07-23 15:16:36)

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Hi GD

Yes, it's nice if people want to work together in this project, especially for those who are still working out their strategies and want to share their experience (depending on which stages the people are in).  I believe something good can happen from this project, it's a wonderful initiative.

A note for the simple Fractal formula for 1min, it's still under observation and also please ignore the negative results from the FSB cos many of my own EA, show negative results in FSB but doing well in demo (something, I'm stilling figuring out why).

Regards
Hannah

Hannah

9 (edited by hannahis 2015-07-23 19:15:11)

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Oophs, the 1min Fractal strategy I run it in 5min too and so far the result I'm seeing is from the 5min time chart (not 1 min).  So do optimise it in both time chart if you want.

Hannah

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

GD , I am not a licenced memeber. can i have your EA in Mt4 please

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

GD , WOULD U LIKE TO SHARE YOUR STRATEGY


""
used the FSB DEMO DATA with EURUSD
I started this post in order all members to speak on differences and find solutions.""
One question is how to use such a result for different brokers.

The easy answer is to re optimize EA with FSB. It will be fine.
Try and M15 EA. It should behave better.
Recently, I created an M1 EA with 400 Yen/day win (straight line).
It can be thousands!

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

hannahis wrote:

Hi GD,

It's a very encouraging thing to see people like you willing to share with the community what you have.  Not many here are willing to share such details in their strategies I guess, that explains for the lack of respond. 

Furthermore, for those who already "got there", don't think it make sense to share one's labour after years of research, testing etc. out in the open.  It's easier to share one's experience or general direction but to reveal one's strategy...probably not for those who finally found the "Holy grail", this is just my observation, unless someone here with the "holy grail" proved me wrong (which I'm sure many of us would be very happy).

I'm glad you have ventured into the 1min time chart...yes, the potential is HUGE (I don't know how to emphasize this point any further, I'm encouraged by those willing to venture and try).  Now, most my 1min EA would usually go beyond 500 pips within a day.  When it's a real breakout, easily above 1500 to 3000 pips.  So you are probably right that your 1 min could be thousands, I agree with you. 

For those who are interested to try 1min...here is something I just started and still observing. 

A extremely simple formula for 1 min

1.  Opening logic: Fractal up H4
2.  Closing Logic: Fractal down H4

Currently testing in my xauusd and it has accumulated to 6400 pips in 3 days!  Watching how it going to close and open for the next trade.  I also optimise this simple EA and now  undergoing testing and observation for this Fractal EA for 1 min.

Tried to download your 5 min strategy and but having problem open the file in FSB, wonder what steps I've missed.

Personally, I won't venture beyond 5 min, that's the longest "lag or delay" I can ever tolerate in my trading style.  I'm aiming for accuracy in EA, hence it's a difficult task to be accurate but slow in respond...these two element don't compliment well together.


the most famous person who shared a winning strategy was John Bollinger:sharing a winning strategy does not make it useless.

also while there are some who swear on longer time frames, i do not believe there is anything significantly different between  1M and hourly:if you remove the labels not one trader in the world will be able to distinguish between the two charts

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Actually, experienced traders can recognize bars from any time frame accurately.

As studying price bars is one of the first things we have to do as traders, the skill develops rapidly.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Blaiserboy wrote:

Actually, experienced traders can recognize bars from any time frame accurately.

As studying price bars is one of the first things we have to do as traders, the skill develops rapidly.

no one can tell one time frame from another if the labels are removed

computers cannot.....it can only follow rules. that is why strategies which manually may return 100 per month will only return 1 % when traded by ea.because indicators enter late and exit early.

but even 1% is huge because you have made that 1% without making any effort-put it on vps and even if the world ends  ea will trade.

the effort is in making the ea

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Hopefully you are able to soon see that an ea can generate an awful lot more than 1% a month.

I am not too sure where you are gathering your information about automated trading, however, quite a bit of it is less than accurate and deserves significant examination.

Your position re enter late and exit early needs thorough examination, indicators on a chart may be so, however, arithmetic calculations as to bar structure are much different.

In FSBPro indicator representations of an indicator are arithmetic, whereas on a chart they are graphic.

Perhaps you will use the chart in FSBPro to learn bar structure and see how the arithmetic treats the bars.

There are some excellent books on price action that you could have a look at, start with those by Al Brooks, they represent a small investment but will make trading a lot more precise and profitable for you than indicator trading.

Those books can be located on Amazon, he has three titles.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

16 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-20 05:59:55)

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Blaiserboy wrote:

Hopefully you are able to soon see that an ea can generate an awful lot more than 1% a month.

I am not too sure where you are gathering your information about automated trading, however, quite a bit of it is less than accurate and deserves significant examination.

Your position re enter late and exit early needs thorough examination, indicators on a chart may be so, however, arithmetic calculations as to bar structure are much different.

In FSBPro indicator representations of an indicator are arithmetic, whereas on a chart they are graphic.

Perhaps you will use the chart in FSBPro to learn bar structure and see how the arithmetic treats the bars.

There are some excellent books on price action that you could have a look at, start with those by Al Brooks, they represent a small investment but will make trading a lot more precise and profitable for you than indicator trading.

Those books can be located on Amazon, he has three titles.

i know about Al i traded price action for 7 years. how ever you have to be in front of a computer for 24 hours in forex which is not possible.like i said i have been in this for 30 years,there is not much i have not tried ..

indicators use a look back period so that makes them delayed

and do not worry i bought FSB to learn about it. it is only 2-3 days since i obtained it

an ea is only as good as the strategy it is based upon but i would be happy with 1 % a month since i do not have to make an effort to obtain it;i can play golf walk around the world etc.that is why i wish i found this earlier.

while i appreciate your suggestions they are not tailor made for my objectives:you are telling me how to go to London when i actually want to go to Istanbul!

17 (edited by a0011010011 2016-05-11 20:27:54)

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Checking this out

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

Well I am Testing this out on a real account and as of this morning I have 1.75 pounds profit on a 10 pound account, That being said , backtesting with current custom high resolution show long term potential for loss. on the 5 minute range
http://s32.postimg.org/x6z2ckkw1/EURUSD5_cccccc_5_min_Custom.jpg



Review, this needs work but show promise

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

And now the 15 min Version


http://s32.postimg.org/gx1lb83pd/EURUSD5_cccccc_15_Custom.jpg

Re: Let us create an EURUSD M5 EA together

GD,

Here comes your Balance / Equity Chart. It is produced on the period between 2014-11-11 - 2015-07-15 (I found those dates in your Strategy M5.xml file)

http://s32.postimg.org/n7o1ut4y9/Capture1.jpg


And here comes my version. The time period shown here is 2015-01-07 – 2016-05-16 (also FSB Demo Data). This is very different from your chart.

http://s32.postimg.org/ruqfll0sx/Capture2.jpg

It is clear that your example shows case of strong curve fitting.

I advise to use OSS (I use 50% OSS, middle 50% for developing, 25% in the beginning and end of the period for OSS). It is not a panacea for all problems, but it will filter out much of the garbage. I succeeded in producing acceptable strategies with this method (Profit factor between 1,22 to 8,12).

Leon