Topic: Trailing Stop

Is it possible to modify the trailing stop closing point so it trails the lowest of either two or three previous bars as well as just the previous bar?
Thanks

Re: Trailing Stop

On the same note (and not trying to hijack your thead, Spiderman) I'm looking for a trailing stop that works on the current bar.

It seems from the description of Trailing Stop in the Yellow triangle that trailing stop is only adjusted once per bar.

Building the Long part of the strategy below, from babypips.com, to its exact specification.

Indicators:

EMA (5) - Yellow
EMA (10) - Red
RSI (10) - Applied to Median Price

Time Frame:

1-hour

Currency Pair:

Any pair will do, but I will use EUR/USD in my backtesting.

Entry Strategies:

BUY at the crossover candle if the 5 EMA crosses the 10 EMA from the bottom AND RSI crosses the 50 mark from the bottom.
SELL at the crossover candle if the 5 EMA crosses the 10 EMA from the top AND RSI crosses the 50 mark from the top.
For backtesting purposes, I will risk 1% of account balance per trade
Exit Strategies:

Set profit target 100 pips away from entry level.
Initially set stop loss 100 pips away from entry level, but immediately move stop loss to break even once the pair moves in your favor by 20 pips.
If price goes your way, move your stop to break even after 20 pips and then trail it every succeeding 20 pips. For example, your stop loss should be locked in with a 20-pip profit once you're ahead by 40 pips and locked in a 40-pip profit if you're ahead by 60 pips.

Read more: http://www.babypips.com/blogs/art-of-automation/trading-system-test-amazing-crossover-system.html#ixzz1b2xBlfN6