Topic: OverflowError in Indicator Chart on main app view
I coded an indicator for a bandpass filter from the latest issue of TASC. When I set the first component to the indicator values divided by Point (to adjust for the pip value for different crosses), I get a "Overflow Error", and the Indicator Chart on the main view does not display. If I set the indicator value to divide by Point to a different array for a later component, it works without throwing the error.
I can workaround the issue. I thought it might be something you would be interested in. Or, it might be something in the way I have coded the indicator.
I have attached files to repro including:
- Custom Indicator .cs file
- stategy .xml file
- Overflow Error message .txt file (copied and pasted)
- screenshot .png of main app
- data source .csv file
- screenshot of FSB version .png file
- copy Bandpass.cs to Custom Indicators
- copy bandpass.xml to Strategies
- open FSB
- Load bandpass.xml
- comment out line 129: adBandpass[iBar] = val;
- uncomment line 133: adBandpass[iBar] = bandpass;
In the Custom Indicator around line 125, I've added comments for more info; you can comment and uncomment a couple of lines to repro and avoid the Overflow Error.
Let me know if you need more info. I am happy to help out.