1 (edited by sanad 2011-05-13 16:40:43)

Topic: new strategy 18 winers 10 losses

hello

I have a strategy that seems to be working
it is using the auswom osscilator in tow charts without stopp loss or take profit
it at end produced 18 winners and 10 losses trades in demo account that is good do not you think but the account end up in negative balance sense the loss trades were big than the winners
for example there were loss as of 14$ 16$ and the winners were only like 3$ 6$ like that
the winners 18 trades and the losses 10 trades

what I need is new strategy that overcome the loss ones for example to cover the big losses ones I need strategy for that in new chart

can you help me or fiqure somthing out on this

Re: new strategy 18 winers 10 losses

If your strats end up in loss, then they aren't really working. Furthermore, 28 trades is a very small sample size to verify strats' performance, or did you first backtest your strats in FSB?

Think about this for a minute - you now develop a strat which covers the big losses, that means that your 3rd strat is clearly profitable, so why do you need those first strats if they end up in a loss? You'll be better off trading the one or ones which generate profit. On the other hand it is good to have a pool of strats to smooth equity curve, but as you state, your 2 strats are generating loss, so it's better to have strats with a positive expectancy.

you did not understand me the first tow were in tow chart they are the same using the auswom osscilator in tow charts it is good sense it give 18 winners and 10 losses
remember I did not put stopp loss or take profit in them that  is why when there were losses the losses wwere big sense there is no stopp loss
my account size is 500$ in demo account at end there is 18 winners and 10 loss trades like this
3$
4$
4$
3$
and the losses is like this
12$
13$
14$
and so on like that
these in tow charts using the same auswom osscilator
what I need to put is in new chart with new strategy that over come the losses ones for example when the losse exeeded the 5$ mark I inter in opposite direction to cover some losse and end up with small loss not big do you understand me now

ok, I think I got it now, unfortunately it's not possible with FST to enter a counter-trend trade when losses exceed certain point. Maybe this works for you, if you take one of your current strat's and reverse it, then 2 opposite trades will be opened, so'll have the hedge.

also here I will face tow problems
the spread when intering trade
and the stop loss and take profit for all trades
if I put stop losse or take profit I noticed that some trades exit before take profit or stopp losse price because of end bar exit
I wish I know how to overcome these problems
do you want to chat with me dirctly at yahoo messenger my id is
sannad345@yahoo.com

thank you

Closing point has to be set as a Stop Limit, not Bar Closing.

what do you mean explain
also after some testing I came up with these tow strategies comined

attched check them

Post's attachments

strategy 1.xml 4.11 kb, 15 downloads since 2011-05-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

the second strategy with the first one to gether

Post's attachments

strategy 3.xml 3.32 kb, 21 downloads since 2011-05-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

sanad wrote:

what do you mean explain
also after some testing I came up with these tow strategies comined

attched check them

Here you are: http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsb/manual/panel_strategy

test if they work
and do you have a better strategy I may have insight on it

good thing you told me about the generator that can do that

I am new here I just found out this couple weeks ago