Topic: Strategy with Bar Range Bands doesn't work

Hi!

I'm new to FSB - so forgive me if I tell something completely silly  big_smile

I've done some tests with Bar Range Bands. I've been able to calculate the same bands in Excel and now I know that - although the option to let FSB automatically control handling of "use previous bar value" is activated - it doesn't do it. Even if I deactivate the automatic option and handle it myself by setting the option in the dialog it doesn't work. The mistake is that the bands calculated on the CLOSE are still used for the actual bar instead of the previous one. If I change to calculcate bands on OPEN I see the desaster (margin call instead of thousands of won pips)!

I've checked that all by trying the system on forex strategy trader. After some trades had been executed I exported the currency data with metatrader and placed it in the data directory of FSB to be sure that the same data was used. Then I checked the trades - they did never correspondend between real trading on demo account and in forex strategy builder.

So be warned!

Besides that I realised a similar problem using HTF (higher time frame) indicators. Some trades were executed correct, but most get lost (ie didn't get opened).

Besides that: this peace of software is really amazing and rather powerful. I never thought that one could do that much calculations in such a short time!

Bye,
erio

Re: Strategy with Bar Range Bands doesn't work

Bar range bands? You mean the custom indi? Then you better read this:http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1607/wow-strategy/ Use it with Bar Closing as an opening point, that'll help to achieve more reliable backtest.

You are absolutely correct, HTF indis are faulty ones too, all in all it's better to leave them as they are until they get fixed.

Hi footon!

Thank you for your quick reply - ok, this indicator is wrong!

Bye,
Erio

Hi Erio, where did you get your copy of Bar Range Bands? If possible could you post a link? I think all the links in this forum have been removed; if not I need to remove them. If it's on another site, I need to advise this indicator is broken. Thanks !!

Hi krog!

Hm, I don't remember exactly, but I think there has been anywhere a zip file with the indicators.

Bye,
erio