Topic: strategy for USD/JPY that generated 517,739 pips profits

Dear All

I tried out the generate strategy for USD/JPY.
Add condition enabled.
Reverse condition enabled
Daily data used
After running the generate function I got the following results
An astonishing 517,739 pips profit
The strategy found was
Entry at opening of bar
Demarker higher than level line-level 0.52, smoothing period 154

Exit at take profit level of 1557

This is great stuff. Keep it up Popov, may be I could come up with other strategies that you could test on a demo account.

Regards

Vivek
India

Re: strategy for USD/JPY that generated 517,739 pips profits

It sound great Vivek!
Can you post the strategy because I tried to simulate it and received a negative result.
(use menu strategy -> publish)

I used spread=5, and swap number =0, (because the interest rate in USD is 4.25%, while in JPY is 0.5%, meaning you earn 3.75% pa on your position every day you roll over your position, and you do not lose any cash on swap. Try it out with the settings, you should get the pip numbers

The swaps of my broker are as follow:
USDJPY  Long = 1.26, Short = - 1.86;
This means that I lose 1.26 pips per each opened long lot and 1.86 pips per each transferred short lot.

Check the real numbers of your your broker. They are not exactly equal to the interest difference.

will check it out. thanks for the info. By the way is there any method to model turtle rules into forexsb. I would also like to know if you can add data from other sources is csv format to forexsb, as it does not contain daily data on eur jpy, aud jpy, etc

You can add external csv data. There is additional info here in the forum and into the help "Market".

which broker you guys using? any1 using oanda?

viswadatta wrote:

Dear All

I tried out the generate strategy for USD/JPY.
Add condition enabled.
Reverse condition enabled
Daily data used
After running the generate function I got the following results
An astonishing 517,739 pips profit
The strategy found was
Entry at opening of bar
Demarker higher than level line-level 0.52, smoothing period 154

Exit at take profit level of 1557

This is great stuff. Keep it up Popov, may be I could come up with other strategies that you could test on a demo account.

Regards

Vivek
India

Viswa,

Tried this, not working like you say.  Please select "publish" and copy from pop-up to post it on this forum.  I've seen unusual results like this in another generating site, what it ends out being usually is an anomalie that is highly unusual over-fit wherein the drawdfown during a few trades is humongous, thus making it highly un-real for use, unfortunately.  No doubt this is the case here, it's an over-fit wherein the trade squeeks thru the quote curve like a string tieing a knot, except some trades in such manner have huge DD before closing.  Stck with looking and hoping for real kind of gain with usability and reasonable DD.  Ask our creator Popov to make the generator with options to exclude selectable DD and multiple lots and to later yield feedback to searching from validate region.

jerry

9 (edited by homeometria 2008-07-28 10:22:44)

Type the condition of the DeMarker and start generat new strat.
It`s working very well with "High Low" breakouts.
This DeMarker coud filter our trade very well.