Topic: Suppress Opening Point of the Position Strategy Generator Positions

Hello,

Is it possible to run FSB on a subset of Opening Point of the Position? For example, I do NOT want FSB to select the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo, but only select other opening points available, (Previous Bar, Opening Bar, etc.) Thanks for any help

Re: Suppress Opening Point of the Position Strategy Generator Positions

Unfortunately not, I miss it A LOT too. It's not certain yet but I've understood there's a good possibility this feature to be available in next releases, anyhow back this idea in wish-list threads.

What I'm doing now is locking opening/closing points and logic parameters that I want and watching the Generator as it builds. Then I manually record the points and logic parameters that I can use as it progresses. Pain in the A**, but better than nothing.

footon wrote:

Unfortunately not, I miss it A LOT too. It's not certain yet but I've understood there's a good possibility this feature to be available in next releases, anyhow back this idea in wish-list threads.

Footon,

I found the following while browing the Users FAQ forum...apparently the only way now to "suppress" the optimization of price openings/closing and indicators that Generator run is to not run the generator. Simply input the parameters in the main FSB screen. Here is the post:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/2044/#p2044

footon wrote:

binaryoptions wrote:

Footon,

I found the following while browing the Users FAQ forum...apparently the only way now to "suppress" the optimization of price openings/closing and indicators that Generator run is to not run the generator. Simply input the parameters in the main FSB screen. Here is the post:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/2044/#p2044

footon wrote:

That is correct, but my intention is to use the generator without it optimizing every indicator it chooses, and at the same time narrow down the list of indicators to be used in the generating sequence. Manual approach is possible, but it is very time consuming, and finding the best setting for logic/method/base price manually is out of the question actually.

The more I work with FSB, the more I see it's designed to suit only one direct way of thinking, but this needs to be changed by introducing various other methods for generation and maybe even for optimization process, right now one has to adapt to FSB, but it would be wonderful if FSB itself could be adapted to one's needs and ideas.

Your quite right. I've chosen only the Oanda indicators for backtesting and then use the optimizer and then test different time frames. Rather than inputting the indicators manually, FSB should be able to select the subset of indicators I need. I wonder if it is as easily as simply removing the indicator in question from internals of the FSB program, wherever its located.

footon wrote:

That is correct, but my intention is to use the generator without it optimizing every indicator it chooses, and at the same time narrow down the list of indicators to be used in the generating sequence. Manual approach is possible, but it is very time consuming, and finding the best setting for logic/method/base price manually is out of the question actually.

The more I work with FSB, the more I see it's designed to suit only one direct way of thinking, but this needs to be changed by introducing various other methods for generation and maybe even for optimization process, right now one has to adapt to FSB, but it would be wonderful if FSB itself could be adapted to one's needs and ideas.

binaryoptions wrote:

... I wonder if it is as easily as simply removing the indicator in question from internals of the FSB program, wherever its located.

I don't think you can do this, I believe the built-in indicators are compiled into FSB. This is based on: I've looked through my FSB install folder and do not see the built-in indicator source files. Also, you can reference a built-in indicator in a custom indicator and use it from the Forex_Strategy_Builder namespace. Usually standard classes will be compiled into the .exe so the developer can ensure everyone has the same version for quality control.

Perhaps FSB dev could add a feature, like an "include-exclude" list of indicators, or an option for "Use Custom Indicators Only", then you could add and remove indicators to the Custom Indicator folder to control which indicators are used.