Topic: Thanks & Suggestions

Hi - I've been following this program for about a year now, quite a useful utility!  It is helping me out quite a bit learning how to trade forex.  I have thought of a couple of things that would be nice to see:

* The ability to limit drawdowns when optimizing - especially useful for people worried about their margin

* Some kind of visual indication after optimizing if the resulting value was equal to the maximum or minimum (so we know right away if a re-optimization could help)... maybe changing the background color of the label?

* The ability to set constraints on the generator.  For instance: only use trailing stops between 15 and 25 for the closing position, and always use RSI with the level above 50.

* Another popup tool, to compare the results against all pairs on the same graph (and maybe optimize against all pairs?)

* Ability to add more than 4 additional opening logic conditions.

I also can't wait to see some of the suggested money management suggestions implemented smile  Adding commission-based fees with that would be helpful also.

Thanks again for this great utility and all the hard work!

Re: Thanks & Suggestions

Welcome  Jonny,
Thank you for the meaningful feedback!

About your ideas:

The ability to limit drawdowns when optimizing - especially useful for people worried about their margin

It sounds useful. We can make a parameter "Max drawdown" and the optimizer to note the parameters when the strategy drawdown is lower than the limit.

Some kind of visual indication after optimizing if the resulting value was equal to the maximum or minimum (so we know right away if a re-optimization could help)... maybe changing the background color of the label?

The current optimizer always uses the full range of the parameters. You can expect further optimization when the final value is equal (or near) to the Min or Max value. Of course  you can widen the limits in the desired direction.

The optimizing algorithm is not liner and for maximum results you should repeat the process several times. 2 - 3 times are enough.

The ability to set constraints on the generator.  For instance: only use trailing stops between 15 and 25 for the closing position, and always use RSI with the level above 50.

We are working on it.

Another popup tool, to compare the results against all pairs on the same graph (and maybe optimize against all pairs?)

This is a planed option but it's not a priority at the moment.

Ability to add more than 4 additional opening logic conditions

It is easy to be done. FSB is not limited internally and can cover a grater number of slots. We set the count to four because the optimizer and the generator use more system memory (normal 30 - 50 Mb, but some times more than 200Mb of RAM, depending from the data and the strategy).
This is the first request about the number of the slots and if more users request the same we can increase the slots in the next versions.

About the money management we will open a separate discussion about the systems to be implemented.

Commission-based fees will be able if we include another markets in FSB.

Thanks again. We much appreciate your opinion!