forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → EA suddenly stop making new orders

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by William Tan 2021-09-20 10:53:32)

Topic: EA suddenly stop making new orders

I had 2 MT4 opened in my VPS last week. Each MT has 3 EA portfolios running with around 30 robots in each portfolio. Everything works fine, but today all those robots stopped making new order. I have checked these:
1. AutoTrading is ON (there is a smiley face on the EA)
2. The VPS is still working, I created a simple EA where it will open an order every 10s, then close the VPS, and monitor the trading account from my phone, and it does create a new order every 10s.
3. Confirm that my trading account is active with the broker's CS
4. I checked the "journal" in my MT4, and didn't see any error message for order placement, so I assume the robot really don't make any new order
5. When I run strategy tester on the MT4 for eg. 1 month, those EAs do make trades, but only until last Friday. Today (Monday) there is no trade in the test result.

It has been around 12 hours since the market open this Monday, and by my experience, it is quite impossible if those robots don't make any new order by now. Any idea of what could be wrong here?

Re: EA suddenly stop making new orders

Do you see any suspicious messages in the "Experts" or the "Journal' tabs?

(A assume you reloaded MT already)

3 (edited by William Tan 2021-09-20 11:42:37)

No, it looks normal. Only said things regarding connection has been connected to broker server, and the EA has been removed & initialized.

I have been doing some test and turns out one of the my MT4 has started making orders. It seems, maybe because I tweaked the max bars in the MT4 options menu, and set it into a low value such as 1. (I was told to do this by the VPS provider to reduce memory usage)

As for the strategy tester, it's because I set the "to" date to be 20 Sep. Turns out it won't make any trades 20 Sep, if I set the "to" date to be 21 Sep, it does make trades. Sorry it seems to be a false alert. Thank you for replying.

>  I tweaked the max bars in the MT4 options menu, and set it into a low value such as 1.

Mhm. I frequently advise our users to set the maximal value there.

I haven't heard such a thing before!! Leave at least 300 bars for indicators to be calculated.
Please note that the indicators based on Exponential Moving Average need more bars to stabilise their least value.

Well noted Popov. Thanks!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → EA suddenly stop making new orders