forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → close all trades when it hits your weekly target

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: close all trades when it hits your weekly target

Hello everyone,

My weekly target at this moment is +2000 euro
it came to my attention that last 3 weeks i had a loss end of the week (demo) but each week there was a moment that i had a +2000 (positive float - loss/win so far that week)  which was my weekly target, see per example

https://gyazo.com/9170718c02d1fb330b181a394cb89d15

Allthough at this moment i don't close anything manually since i want to shift the better EA's from the
worse EA's i was wondering if anyone here simply closes all the trades and stops trading when that weekly target is met??
If there is anyone working with a weekly target anyway wink
On the long term though when i trade live with EA's i might set the weekly target hard so that if the
target is met that weekend all is closed and i stop trading.

The concept probably behind this that if you have a very good impulse move which is good for certain
EA's (having a suddenly high positive float) it might be that its good to close all at that moment instead
of waiting for a close by the EA and giving a way xx% of the impulse move again.

Thanks,

Peter

2 (edited by J02wQ5tHnWr 2020-05-26 09:07:20)

Re: close all trades when it hits your weekly target

Hello Everyone,

ok here a small update. this week (enabled trading 10 hours ago) my EA's are on +2500 so target of 2000$ would be met this week. https://gyazo.com/f03655edfd92b30eccd67490982e91fb

Next week will try to setup 2 other demo's (if my vps'es can handle the extra load) with the same EA's in order to test:
1) demo where i close all trades when the net positive for that week will reach  +2000 and stop trading for that week
2) demo where i close all trades when the net positive for that week when it reaches +2000 and continue to trade for the next +2000

best regards,

Peter

Re: close all trades when it hits your weekly target

did it work? care to give some update?

J02wQ5tHnWr wrote:

Hello Everyone,

ok here a small update. this week (enabled trading 10 hours ago) my EA's are on +2500 so target of 2000$ would be met this week. https://gyazo.com/f03655edfd92b30eccd67490982e91fb

Next week will try to setup 2 other demo's (if my vps'es can handle the extra load) with the same EA's in order to test:
1) demo where i close all trades when the net positive for that week will reach  +2000 and stop trading for that week
2) demo where i close all trades when the net positive for that week when it reaches +2000 and continue to trade for the next +2000

best regards,

Peter

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → close all trades when it hits your weekly target