Topic: Freelancers outside of MQL5

As most of you probably know, MQL5 has had some changes to their validation process to add EA's to their market.  And with FSB created EA's, they are now getting rejected because 1) need to have fixed lot and MM in the inputs, 2) special error codes for MM and 3) having "non-standard" indicators in the EA.  So, I am not that great in coding and need to find inexpensive freelancers to fix these things.  I can add the MM coding no problem.  But the MM portion and possibly condensing code due to indicators I cannot do. 

Fiverr is full of rip off artists and MQL5 people are outrageous expensive.  Anyone have leads on other resources?  The work is no more than 30 minutes for someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks.

Re: Freelancers outside of MQL5

FSB has not been effective in coding MQL5 from before.

Well, there has to be a way to update the code with FSB Ea's.  I know of two authors who are selling on MQL5 that have faster back tests and can pass validation.  I purchased one of the EA's and it works nicely.  But they will not help me since I am a competitor.

Maximum Undecidable, did you use netting or hedging account of mt5?

Not sure what you mean.  Are you saying maybe I should create MT5 EA's instead?

No-no, sorry for off-topic but Max comes to many threads with those kind of posts, maybe he used wrong account type, hence his disappointment and my question.

Wes, EAs have to be recoded using mt standard indis? And the ea you "bought", is it with open source or only ex4 file?

7 (edited by JamesBay 2020-12-15 02:55:13)

I compared the indicators that comes standard with MT4 and removed them from FSB to see if that makes a difference.  The speed of the back test did increase by about 25%, but that still is not enough to pass MQL5 validation.

That said, below is one of the folks who use FSB for EA's on MQL5 successfully.  All the EA's you see are made from FSB.  So, to answer your question, when purchasing from MQL5, you are purchasing just the ex4 file.  But I cannot find anyone who will help me understand how to improve the code of a FSB generated EA to back test like a normal EA.  Also, I need to figure out how to remove the "xxx bars needed in history" in order to BT the EA.

https://www.mql5.com/en/users/yura1994ru/seller#products

> I cannot find anyone who will help me understand how to improve the code of a FSB generated EA to back test like a normal EA.

The experts generated by FSB Pro are normal EAs provided that they are written in MQL and compiled in MT.

The difference of the FSB Pro experts and the ones you download from the MT store is that the first includes more advanced testing algorithm within it.  We may say that the FSB Pro experts contains FSB Pro encoded. On the other hand, the ordinary experts have only their trading rules.

If you want faster experts, use EA Studio.

> Also, I need to figure out how to remove the "xxx bars needed in history" in order to BT the EA.

We do not compromise the testing precision even in MetaTrader. Let's say you have an expert with Moving Average with period = 121. It means that the MA will give it's first value at bar 121 (+ 2). However, MT loads only 100 bars at the start of the backtest. So imagine how precise is the MT tester when you backtest ordinary experts for the first 121 bars. On the other hand, the FSB Pro experts requires to have at least 121 bars in order to start the test. It guarantees that the backtest during the first 121 bars will be correct.

You don't see this warning if your expert needs less than 100 bars (and if it doesn't use Exponential MAs)

However, we perfectly understand that most of the MT users do not understand the need of the correct testing and simply want to see some results faster. So we created EA Studio for these users. Anyway, EA Studio is much more precise than MT.

If you want faster experts that are easier for use and modification, use EA Studio. FSB Pro is for professionals.

Hi JamesBay, check your PM's! Thanks!

Popov wrote:

> I cannot find anyone who will help me understand how to improve the code of a FSB generated EA to back test like a normal EA.

The experts generated by FSB Pro are normal EAs provided that they are written in MQL and compiled in MT.

The difference of the FSB Pro experts and the ones you download from the MT store is that the first includes more advanced testing algorithm within it.  We may say that the FSB Pro experts contains FSB Pro encoded. On the other hand, the ordinary experts have only their trading rules.

If you want faster experts, use EA Studio.

> Also, I need to figure out how to remove the "xxx bars needed in history" in order to BT the EA.

We do not compromise the testing precision even in MetaTrader. Let's say you have an expert with Moving Average with period = 121. It means that the MA will give it's first value at bar 121 (+ 2). However, MT loads only 100 bars at the start of the backtest. So imagine how precise is the MT tester when you backtest ordinary experts for the first 121 bars. On the other hand, the FSB Pro experts requires to have at least 121 bars in order to start the test. It guarantees that the backtest during the first 121 bars will be correct.

You don't see this warning if your expert needs less than 100 bars (and if it doesn't use Exponential MAs)

However, we perfectly understand that most of the MT users do not understand the need of the correct testing and simply want to see some results faster. So we created EA Studio for these users. Anyway, EA Studio is much more precise than MT.

If you want faster experts that are easier for use and modification, use EA Studio. FSB Pro is for professionals.

I understand.  I have tried EA Studio several times and it works fine.  I will not bring this up again in the forums.  You have told me the same thing several times.  Sorry to bother you.