forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Premium Data Feed use?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by montreal06 2020-10-07 23:56:31)

Topic: Premium Data Feed use?

Hi,

I wanted to see how other people use the Premium Data feed that was just launched. There is a video that once the data is uploaded, we should go to "Tools" -> "Symbol Settings" to configure the swap info, commission, etc.

https://youtu.be/a1FpwDDi_Kk

This video was published along with the same tool that Popov mentioned in the forum.

https://eaforexacademy.com/software/for … ical-data/

QUESTION

Do you guys configure the data to match your broker, do you reconfigure the JSON files, or do you use as is?

I have tested what the video has shown as mentioned above, but the results are not always consistent. It seems that finding a broker with a lot of chart data is the best solution (and it works like a charm!)

Looking forward to your inputs, guys!

Thanks.

Re: Premium Data Feed use?

Hi montreal06,

In general it is best to use and generate strategies on the data the strategies are going to be traded on. That means, for the best result, you should trade the strategies on Dukascopy because that is where the free Premium data feed comes from. The next best thing would be to attempt to use the commission, swap and spread information from your actual broker. I *always* overestimate my commission by using USD$10 (basically the maximum a broker will have), and double current spread (double from when I record the spread). Even if I am using the same data for trading and generation I still overestimate the spread. Overestimating the commission and spread will help in real trading, and also if you do copy trading by giving you some extra breathing room because of possible slippage, execution delay from sender > receiver, missed trades etc.

The most important thing however is using data from the broker you are going to trade the strategies on. This will have the greatest impact on how the strategies will behave when you put them on your actual broker on a demo or live account.

You can get a demo account with JFD (for free) and as along as you place one trade every 30 days the account won't expire. You might also consider getting an actual account with Dukascopy. If you have *any* live brokerage account with Dukascopy, MT4, MT5, CTrader etc, support can set your demo account for *any* platform to not expire. The latter will be the best option to give you the best results.

Re: Premium Data Feed use?

Hey burrup.lambert,

I have done all what you have listed and more. As I said, using the broker data is best.

Apart from using Dukascopy as a broker which provides tons of data, I am being careful of which brokers of forex funded accounts give the most chart data. In theory, most brokers of forex funded accounts do not give a lot of chart data.

Anyways, Being humble and always open to hear traders of all levels of what they do is really important is this field.

Thanks

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Premium Data Feed use?