Topic: Possible to work with strategytester?

Is it working with strategytester?

An Portfolio ea testing with strategytester and than analyse the results with mt4tracker?

Re: Possible to work with strategytester?

Yes -- if the portfolio EA was created Portfolio Maker the results from Strategy Tester can be analyzed by MT4 Tracker.  Here is a link to the documentation:
http://mt4tracker.com/documentation/mt4tracker-documentation/

Scroll down to the section "Strategy Tester Analysis".

Hi Steve,

I've requested for a new features in this post, thot I'll post it here, just in case you missed reading that particular post that is meant to help users import their Strategy back to EA Studio Collection so that they can re-examine a particular strategy and work to improve it further.

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/51187/#p51187

Hi Steve,

I've requested for a new features in this post, thot I'll post it here, just in case you missed reading that particular post that is meant to help users import their Strategy back to EA Studio Collection so that they can re-examine a particular strategy and work to improve it further.

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/51187/#p51187

You have to read the previous 2 post ahead to understand the rationale behind my request, below is the link

https://forexsb.com/forum/post/51185/#p51185

Hello Hannah,

1. Correct.  MT4 Tracker uses MT4's account history and if a strategy has never traded then Tracker doesn't know it exists.

2. It is easy to include just one strategy.  When you right-click in the grid area a popup-menu appears and you can select 'Exclude All Strategies'.  You then find the Exclude checkbox for the strategy you want to keep and uncheck it.

3. I understand your point -- and it is a good one.  However, as mentioned in (1) above, if Tracker doesn't know a strategy exists then it can't prune it.

One possible solution -- and this is what I do.  I'll run the portfolio EA in MT4's strategy tester and then analyze those results using MT4 Tracker.  I will sort the strategies by Magic Number and visually scan the 'Magic Number' and 'Trades' columns.  I'm looking for missing Magic Numbers and Magic Numbers that trade much less often than others.  And it is at this point I will prune those strategies that rarely trade -- if that's what I want to do.  Since the data horizon for strategy tester is much larger than your Demo account,  then it is more likely that even those strategies that rarely trade will at least trade once or twice and you can see them in MT4 Tracker.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Another method I can do is to manually create a sell/buy order and under the comment section, put in the "missing" strategy's number so that I create a trading "record" to appear in MT4 Tracker trade list for me to prune.  This position is closed immediately once it is create.  The whole idea is to let that magic number appear in the trade history so that I can import it back to MT4 Tracker for me to prune away this magic number.

Hi,

I am trying to get MT4 Tracker to allow me to prune EA Studio strategies based on MT4 Strategy Tester runs only, but it is not clear to me how to do it from the documentation.

The documentation Section 1.16 says to paste the code there anywhere in the Portfolio EA code, but after doing that, then running the Strategy Tester, then using MT4 Tracker to try to open the resulting generically-date-named logfile, I am getting an error from MT4 Tracker:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Thank you for your assistance.

I am not so sure that Tracker is designed to handle EA Studio

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....