forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Correct Data for EA-Studio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Correct Data for EA-Studio

Hello.
Can someone help me, I think I always have wrong data in EAStudio.
First I tried that with the script of Popov, with the Home button. But somehow there have always been data gaps.
My broker is ICMarkets, so I asked there, they said I should start in the history of the download. I did that, the data is complete, but I doubt it's the ICM data. In addition, the EA Studio after import maximum days off xx days
How do you do that exactly? Can someone tell me the exact procedure that is right, please.
Thanks, Marcus

2 (edited by ViniQ 2019-03-18 17:01:03)

Re: Correct Data for EA-Studio

Hello Marcus

it's the ICM data?

I did that, the data is complete, but I doubt it's the ICM data

You will not have doubts, there it says my data.
https://i.imgur.com/N4zdzTY.png

Release your's data first at:
* Data > Data Import > My data
* Data > Data Statistics

Run the export script and upload the new data to EAS;

Can someone tell me the exact procedure?

In addition, the EA Studio after import maximum days off xx days
How do you do that exactly? Can someone tell me the exact procedure that is right, please.

With maximum "off days" you can investigate if there is any data missing in the quotations. It's simple data calculation, between prices that you had imported. To tell you the maximum difference from Data1(last) - Data2(previous)

E.g. I've discovered a "hole" in my current brokers data on intraday prices the market ran out of quotations for 2 weeks. It was during a Christmas/new years eve, this does not mean all the data is rotten, but some time does.

Suggestion is also use History Quality from metatrader tester
Marcus I also use and check my data history quality and I advise you too do the test.
Do a simple backtest (using any ea) and check it using the metatrader tester. Look at the backtest metric "History Quality".

https://i.imgur.com/v1czkZa.png
Metatrader5 Tester > History Quality 7% for X - Broker A

https://i.imgur.com/Q0Uk0Ds.png
Metatrader5 Tester > History Quality 94% for X - Broker B

This metric is useful also can reveal if there is something wrong with the exported data.

Best regards;

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Re: Correct Data for EA-Studio

Hello ViniQ.
Thanks for your answer and helping.

In the meantime, I have acquired the data from tickstory and thus have reliable historical data. even if they are not from icmarkets. But I understand that these data are the most reliable. I hope I was right smile

Greetings, Marcus

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Correct Data for EA-Studio