Topic: Export Advisor is not exported

I encounter an error in my FSB which I cannot save EA, can you help to resolve?
The error is
"Cannot generate Expert Advisor file. Startindex cannot be less than zero."
"Export Advisor is mot exported. Cannpt create teh expert file."
Please see attached screen shot.

Re: Export Advisor is not exported

Do you use custom indicators?

Please check if there is a corresponding mqh file installed correclty.

Yes I do use custom indicators, but from screenshot you can see it didn't work even I did not put any indicators.
How do I ratify the problem? Reinstall the whole program?

Hi,

I also get similar error message while trying to export strategies as expert advisors.

"Cannot generate Expert Advisor file: StartIndex cannot be less than zero."
"Expert Advisor is not exported. Cannot create the expert file."

I'm using custom indicators. I cannot export any expert advisors at all even strategies generated using conventional MT4 indicators.

I have attached a screenshot of my FSB MQL folder to show how the mqh file structure looks.

Post's attachments

FSB Pro MQL Folder.PNG 78.93 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I found out what the problem was.

I didn't have MT4 open before exporting the EA. I could also use "Save As" if I didn't want to export to MT4 directly.

Hi Popov,

I exported an EA to MT4 but it shows as a 'bow hat and grey face'. I tried compiling it and got 25 errors and 5 warnings.

Please see attached file. Could you please let me know how to resolve this? I previously could export EAs which compiled correctly without error but I don't know why I'm currently getting this error message.

Post's attachments

Expert Advisor Error Message.PNG 117.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Also attached is a small view of the EA code showing all the .mqh files it is supposed to import. I have all those .mqh files in the Custom folder of my FSB MQL program files.

Post's attachments

Expert Advisor Error Message v2.PNG 98.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Upload the EA.

Hi Footon,

Here's the EA. I've tried exporting very simple EAs with one opening logic condition and others with several conditions. Nothing works. Same error message. Thanks for helping to look at this.

Post's attachments

303020001.mq4 17.95 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-03-20 

That's not an exported EA. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Try without custom indicators, make an EA with only one indi, for example Accelerator Oscillator rises and that's it.
You have put files in the wrong folder as well and some files appear to be missing, considering your first screenshot.

Thanks for your help Footon. I use either "Export Expert Advisor to MT4/5" or "Save As Expert Advisor..." buttons. Am I doing it correctly? Is there an alternative way to export the EAs please? I have also created a dummy expert advisor without custom indicators using Accelerator Oscillator rises only. I still got same error messages. Attached is the export EA without any custom indicator. It still doesn't work. Any Ideas?

Post's attachments

Dummy.mq4 11.23 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-03-20 

Also do you know how the files should be stored and in which folder? Attached is a screenshot of my MQL folder. Most of the custom indicators are in the Custom folder.

Post's attachments

FSB Pro MQL Folder v2.PNG 45.15 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Don't edit your screenshots! You can't have only 2 folders there, show all files.

All custom indi files must be in Custom folder.

For now I can suggest you perform a clean re-installation.

I didn't edit the screenshot. The folder structure shown in the screenshot I added on 17th March would not allow me to export any EAs from FSB. However, if I move all the files into Custom folder then I@m able to export the EAs but they won't compile.

Attached is the content of the Custom folder.

Post's attachments

FSB Pro MQL Custom Folder.PNG 167.75 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Here is the Indicators folder screenshot.

Post's attachments

FSB Pro MQL Indicators Folder.PNG 171.01 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-03-20 

okeyossai wrote:

The folder structure shown in the screenshot I added on 17th March would not allow me to export any EAs from FSB.

Why? What is the error message?

okeyossai wrote:

However, if I move all the files into Custom folder then I@m able to export the EAs but they won't compile.

Of course they don't because you don't have the necessary files in place, your EA files are broken and incomplete by more than 90%.

The biggest mistake you have done is to move files from one folder to another. I guess it is pretty messy, so the best would be to make re-installation to bring everything back to its original state and then we can go on from there.

I got this error message.

"Cannot generate Expert Advisor file: StartIndex cannot be less than zero."
"Expert Advisor is not exported. Cannot create the expert file."

I'll try to reinstall the software. Thanks again.

You probably missed some custom indicator's .mqh file from the Custom folder. The said folder's contents is the only thing you should turn attention to, don't move any files.

Many thanks Footon. I reinstalled the software and added back all the custom indicators and it is working very well now. You saved my day.

I guess the problem might have started when I added some custom indicators I saw from the Technical indicators' section of this forum which do not have corresponding .mqh files. Then I moved things around while trying to resolve the earlier error message digging myself in deeper hole. I'm glad it's all ok now.

Thank you for your help.