forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Can´t remove useless exit indicator from strategy

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Can´t remove useless exit indicator from strategy

Hi Popov,

I am trying to remove a useless exit indicator from a strategy. If removing it, the strategy statistics don´t change, Net Profit, Drawdown and everything else stay exactly the same - so this indicator is obsolote and doesn´t need to be there. However, in that case EA Studio does not seem to save the strategy as a new one as none of the statistics have changed, and hence the removal of the indicator is not possible, it comes back right away after re-opening the strategy from the Collection. I have to edit the JSON file manually to get rid of it.

Can this behaviour be changed?

Thank you.

Re: Can´t remove useless exit indicator from strategy

However, in that case EA Studio does not seem to save the strategy as a new one as none of the statistics have changed

This is an interesting observation. Thank you for the report!

I'll add it to my ToDo for further examination.

By the way, I'm thinking for a new tool - Normalizer.

It may do the following:

- remove the needless indicators;
- move the indicator's numerical parameters to their default values;
- rounding the numeric parameters (example - MA (51) can be rounded to MA (50), SL of 104 can be rounded to 105 or to 100) ;
- reducing the SL and TP;
- removing the SL and TP;

All effects will be optional. The purpose will be to make the strategy simpler and better looking.

At can be added to the Reactor after the Optimizer.

We already have similar function in the FSB Pro Generator. It is in the Generator Settings - Normalize strategies.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/fsb-generator-settings-normalize-strategies-thumb.png

Personally I´ve never seen a benefit of rounding periods to even values in the 10 years I am optimizing strategies, but that´s just me, but what would would be nice for me is the "remove the needless indicators". :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Can´t remove useless exit indicator from strategy