Topic: history import error

hello good afternoon, I can not import the html history file to the program, it invalidates me
They could say how to solve it.
Thank you

Re: history import error

do not import the detailed report, only the regular report.

3 (edited by hannahis 2019-01-30 07:28:11)

Hi Steve,

If I were to prune/delete some strategies in the Portfolio Expert via MT4 Tracker and my historical data has many other strategies from different collections, do I have to delete all the rest of the strategies data and leave only 1 Collection series in the data in order to prune/delete the strategies correctly with the MT4 Tracker?

Example:

I've 2 Collections (1000-1099 and 2000-2099) in my history data (traded in the same MT4 terminal/account).

And when I only want to keep strategy number 1001, do I exclude all the strategies (in both collections eg 1000 and 2000 series) and untick strategy number "1001"? would the software able to distinguish 1001 from 2001?

Or do I have to exclude the 2000 series strategies from the history data file (via ignore list) and then left only with 1000 series and then exclude accordingly.

Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question, I'm just checking to ensure I'm getting the correct EA.

Thanks

Regards
Hannah

Hello Hannah,

I have not been keeping up with the latest improvements and changes in EA Studio, so I am hesitant to advise you how to proceed.

EA Studio is an extremely powerful and feature-rich tool and no longer needs MT4 Tracker to "prune" specific strategies.  MT4 Tracker was originally written to analyze results and help identify which strategies were good performers and which were poor performers.  I subsequently added the pruning feature because, at that time, I felt it was needed.

In a future release of MT4 Tracker I will remove the pruning feature -- it is (a) difficult to support, and (b) something that is better suited as an EA Studio feature.

Regards,
Steve

sleytus wrote:

Hello Hannah,

I have not been keeping up with the latest improvements and changes in EA Studio, so I am hesitant to advise you how to proceed.

EA Studio is an extremely powerful and feature-rich tool and no longer needs MT4 Tracker to "prune" specific strategies.  MT4 Tracker was originally written to analyze results and help identify which strategies were good performers and which were poor performers.  I subsequently added the pruning feature because, at that time, I felt it was needed.

In a future release of MT4 Tracker I will remove the pruning feature -- it is (a) difficult to support, and (b) something that is better suited as an EA Studio feature.

Regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Please don't remove the prune/deleting feature, it's a time saver and that would be a great pity if you remove it.  Kindly still keep it (unsupported) for those who won't mind still having it without any further support.

Thanks

Regards
Hannah