Topic: How to Add a Simple Money Management for Portfolio EA in 2 Easy Steps

Dear EA Studio Users,

I'd like to share an easy method to add a simple money management to your portfolio expert. I'm not a mql expert, I just want to share something I know and personally use.

By applying this money managament the EA will increase the lot size by 0.01 lot per 1000 balance.

You need to open your mq4 files via metaeditor first.

Okay, here are the steps

1. Replace this code

static input double Entry_Amount      = 0.01; // Entry lots

with this

extern bool Auto_Lot=1;
extern double Risk_Multiplier=1;
static input double Entry_Amount      = 0.01; // Entry lots

2. Replace this code

double stopLoss   = signal.StopLossPips>0 ? GetStopLoss(command, signal.StopLossPips) : 0;
      double takeProfit = signal.TakeProfitPips>0 ? GetTakeProfit(command, signal.TakeProfitPips) : 0;
      string comment    = IntegerToString(signal.MagicNumber);
      color  arrowColor = command==OP_BUY ? clrGreen : clrRed;

with this

if(!Auto_Lot){amount=Entry_Amount;}else
      if(Auto_Lot){
      amount=((AccountBalance()*Risk_Multiplier)/100)/1000;
      } 
      double stopLoss   = signal.StopLossPips>0 ? GetStopLoss(command, signal.StopLossPips) : 0;
      double takeProfit = signal.TakeProfitPips>0 ? GetTakeProfit(command, signal.TakeProfitPips) : 0;
      string comment    = IntegerToString(signal.MagicNumber);
      color  arrowColor = command==OP_BUY ? clrGreen : clrRed;

if(amount<=MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_MINLOT)){amount=MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_MINLOT);Comment("______ Use MIN LOT ______");}else
if(amount>=MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_MAXLOT)){amount=MarketInfo(_Symbol,MODE_MAXLOT);Comment("______ Use MAX LOT ______");}else
Comment("");

Done, now you can compile and backtest your EA to see if it works. Risk_Multiplier=1 means 0.01 lot per 1000, Risk_Multiplier=2 means 0.02 lot per 1000, and so on.

I hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards.

do or do not there is no try

Re: How to Add a Simple Money Management for Portfolio EA in 2 Easy Steps

nice work.

is there an opportunity to add also autlotcalculation only on account balance..i mean your way and if i say autolotcalculation true than ea do autolot with from accountbalance in percent.

i mean from with thread https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/6251/au … lculation/ with min max lot detection.

Hi guys,

I want to put a money management code in my EA but can't find any of those lines you are referring to. Can you help me?

zaphod72 wrote:

Hi guys,

I want to put a money management code in my EA but can't find any of those lines you are referring to. Can you help me?

This trick is for portfolio expert mq4 files generated by EA Studio, did you open the correct file?

do or do not there is no try

5 (edited by zaphod72 2018-11-18 05:11:43)

This trick is for portfolio expert mq4 files generated by EA Studio, did you open the correct file?

Yeah, I found them but I want to add another code for MM and I don't think I can do it... Can you help me with that?