Topic: Hi. Trying out several strategy builder

I tried manual trading with little success. I also tried social trading and got margin call sad So I saw an ad about SQ and tried it. Currently running it for 1 day and it's still not done. Doing some reading and found fsb. I haven't downloaded the trial as I don't have enough machine power to run both. Some questions:
1. Anyone here has done some comparison between those generated by SQ and FSB?
2. I saw a lot of wishlist but last release was 2017, so why wasn't there any update?

Thank you

2 (edited by maaku 2018-09-10 14:37:32)

Re: Hi. Trying out several strategy builder

you'll get a rough idea on what kind of support you'll get based on the timestamp of these 2 posts smile

Hi,
How I can remember comparison/discussion was made somewhere in this forum pretty much extensively. If you hit search button you should be able to find something. When I was choosing between these 2 software, I choose this one. FSB was cheaper and looked more professional, maybe there was more reasons, but can't remember now.

Mr Popov had spread out his one man's programming power between few products. Lots of us would want some personalized stuff very much, me included smile Would love to see Walk Forward, System Parameter Permutation, Correlation etc. tools ... However he has his own priorities list and I bet he works really hard and will surprise us someday with great products smile

4 (edited by hannahis 2018-09-11 06:03:54)

maaku wrote:

I tried manual trading with little success. I also tried social trading and got margin call sad So I saw an ad about SQ and tried it. Currently running it for 1 day and it's still not done. Doing some reading and found fsb. I haven't downloaded the trial as I don't have enough machine power to run both. Some questions:
1. Anyone here has done some comparison between those generated by SQ and FSB?
2. I saw a lot of wishlist but last release was 2017, so why wasn't there any update?

Thank you

The latest released version is July 1, 2018. https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/7400/f … onal-v388/

Have you tried EA Studio (EAS)? It's much faster and I get reasonably good results (for the little efforts needed).  In terms of time and effort, EA Studio is the easiest and most efficient way to find profitable strategies and the fastest of them all.  However, if you prefer to be in more control of the types strategies being developed (i.e. input your own trading rules), then FSB Pro will be suitable.  EAS - you too can input your own rules (however the selection of indicators are limited but for search, it's more than sufficient to find you good EA).

In conclusion, it's not a matter of which software is better, it more about the issue of  time and effort constraint.

If you prefer to go through more vigorous steps and steeper learning curve (SQ/FSB Pro would be one to consider) or you prefer to have a quick and easy solution (EAS would be the best choice).  And if you are buying EAS, all you need to do, is top up another $200 or couple hundreds only, you get both (EAS & FSB Pro), that's a steal.

I can't comment much about SQ cos I'm still waiting for the SQ4 to be ready (for official trial).  I've a friend who wants to sell me his SQ License but currently, I'm getting good results via EAS rather effortlessly so I have very little motivation to try others (going through again all the learning curves needed for a new software vs EAS - effortless....so it seem like I would stay with EAS for a long while)

Thanks for the reply guys.

Thanks for pointing out latest version. Based my comment from here https://forexsb.com/forex-strategy-builder. it says Current Version: Version 3.8.2, April 29, 2017.

Still running SQ and it's been more than a week. it is a memory hog so i don't wanna trial FSB or EAS yet.

Any updated strategy builder nowadays that you guys can recommend?

sales training programs successful companies