forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Increase history data bars > 200000

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Increase history data bars > 200000

Hi Mr. Popov,

it would be great if you could remove the 200000 bars limitation. Reason is this: I would like to try to build M30 strategies on 32 years of data, which equals to about 400000 bars. Reason is that I have successfully built very good H1 strategies on 32 years of data (198000 bars), but because of the limitation of 200000 bars, it is impossible to do this with M30 bars. RAM is no problem at all, so I would very much welcome if you could remove that limitation all together, so that we can use as much data as we want, with the only limit being what our computers can handle ;-)

Thanks so much :-)

Re: Increase history data bars > 200000

Hi Geektrader & Popov,

I also second this request! I also try and push the data horizon as far as possible and this would be of great benefit!

Thanks,

PT

I see. I'll try to find a way to make it possible for experienced users only.

Probably I can add an option in the settings for removing the limits.

I'm adding it to my ToDo.

Great!

Hi Popov,

merry X-mas to you :-) Is there any chance that you can remove this limitation or raise it to 500.000? The reason is that I am now being limited to use my full H1 data, as it starts 1. December 1986 and with 1. December 2018, the 200.000 bars limit was hit. I know you are planning a programming language with an option to change that, but this can take a long time until you´ve implemented it and seems overly complicated for most users just to raise the bars limit. Why not just make it a simple setting and raise the limit (or best: remove it completely). It should just take 1 minute to go to your source code and replace the 200.000 with a 500.000.

Thank you so much :-)

Thank you for rising this topic up. Now, after moving the "Data Import" on the Navigation bar, I can plenty of space under the Tools menu for adding more specific things.

I'll add a "Configuration" page at the bottom and will expose all core constants and settings. These params will be available for modifications only for the licensed users and I may also add a possibility to save them on the server. It will make it possible to synchronize the settings between computers.

Probably at the beginning it may be a simple text file in INI format.

Yes, that sounds good. Yes, saving them on the server (just like now) would be VERY good, as I often use many different tabs / computers. So the settings should always come from the server like it is the case right now. Thanks :-)

P.S.: I meant the settings should be preserved in the browser settings / cache, so that each new tab has the same settings (just like it is now). :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Increase history data bars > 200000