Topic: Portfolio Maker (MT4 Tracker.com)

Hello All,
I recently purchased Portfolio Maker and exporting strategies is fine. However I notice that the strategy main code block is missing from the files created in MQL include folder. In this folder I see the strategies with there magic numbers, and header information inside the files. All files are the same size & core trading code is absent. When compiling this results in error "function must have a body".
Can anyone help with this?
I have attached an example file from include folder.
Thanks,
Andrew.

Post's attachments

Strategy-36425336.mqh 1.96 kb, 15 downloads since 2018-04-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Portfolio Maker (MT4 Tracker.com)

Hello,

Could you build something really simple -- e.g. only contains a single strategy -- and see if you can get that to build.

Hi sleytus,
Thanks for the response. I tried one strategy. Issue remains the same where the strategy code is not parsed.
I did make a mistake in not being careful to select the right metaeditor as I have a number of metratrader instances installed. And I also had a conflict with the path not being correct to the MQL folder in appdata.
I fixed this and reinstalled portfolio maker, but still the code is not parsed.
Thanks,
Andrew.

The method that I use to get the Portfolio happening......

After building it..... I move the cursor to the EA section of Navigator and right click and hit refresh on the menu that pops up.

I have had no difficulty with the end result.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hmmm....

If you don't mind, could you attach the *.mq4 file of the strategy -- it can be a "dummy" strategy (i.e. just an example of something you are generating and which doesn't get parsed).  That way I can try to reproduce the problem.

If you have multiple MetaEditors open then that could be problematical.  PortfolioMaker creates many *.mqh that are necessary to build the final *.ex4 -- so, if you use the wrong MetaEditor to compile then all bets are off.

Also, could you copy / paste all the errors reported by the MetaEditor log.  There may be some clues in there.

6 (edited by andrew_1089 2018-04-08 18:47:41)

Hi sleytus,
I have attached a zip file. It contains a sample strategy, and all the files created following the portfolio maker program.
Compiler log which shows error NO BODY:-
'1222.mq4'    1222.mq4    1    1
'WinUser32.mqh'    WinUser32.mqh    1    1
'ActionTrade.mqh'    ActionTrade.mqh    1    1
'Indicator.mqh'    Indicator.mqh    1    1
'DataSet.mqh'    DataSet.mqh    1    1
'Helpers.mqh'    Helpers.mqh    1    1
'Enumerations.mqh'    Enumerations.mqh    1    1
'Logger.mqh'    Logger.mqh    1    1
'Utility.mqh'    Utility.mqh    1    1
'Strategy.mqh'    Strategy.mqh    1    1
'StrategyTrader.mqh'    StrategyTrader.mqh    1    1
macro redefinition    ActionTrade.mqh    36    9
'Sidekick.mqh'    Sidekick.mqh    1    1
'QueuedOrders.mqh'    QueuedOrders.mqh    1    1
'PortfolioManager-1222.mqh'    PortfolioManager-1222.mqh    1    1
'Strategy-48604136.mqh'    Strategy-48604136.mqh    1    1
'GetStrategy_48604136' - function must have a body    PortfolioManager-1222.mqh    75    22
1 error(s), 1 warning(s)        2    2

Thanks for looking.
Andrew.

Post's attachments

Strategies.zip 10.44 kb, 9 downloads since 2018-04-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Steve,

I tried the new version Portfolio Maker to create my EA a) On Timer version and b) on Tick version.

I've no problem installing the OnTimer but when I want to install the onTick verison, there is an error message that OnTick "is not safe for Live trading etc" and the EA was remove.

Did I miss out something?

Did you test the portfolio EA MT4's Strategy Tester?  If so, you would have needed to temporarily enable 'OnTick'.    After testing, you would then need to revert to OnTimer and re-compile before using the portfolio EA in a Real or Demo account.

By default, the new version of Portfolio Maker uses OnTimer when it creates the portfolio EA.

Hi Steve,

Based on what you wrote, am I right to assume that OnTick is only for MT4 Strategy testing and not for Live trading?

Hi Hannah,

Hannah wrote:

am I right to assume that OnTick is only for MT4 Strategy testing and not for Live trading?

Yes -- that is correct.

andrew_1089 wrote:

I have attached a zip file. It contains a sample strategy, and all the files created following the portfolio maker program.

I've begun looking into the problem but it's sort of odd.  Are you using the usual indicators or a customized one? 

Using FSB-Pro's "Import Expert Advisor" I can not import 48604136.mq4 back into FSB-Pro and it doesn't report an error as far as I can see.  Can you import it back into FSB-Pro?  How about sending me the corresponding *.xml file instead.

####################################

Wait -- I think I know the problem.  48604136.mq4 was created by EA Studio, not FSB-Pro.  EA Studio was designed to both create strategies and portfolio EAs.  EA Studio-generated strategies do not need Portfolio Maker.

Portfolio Maker is used for creating a portfolio EA by combining individual strategies created by FSB-Pro.

Hello,
Thanks for looking. Indeed I created with EA Studio. I see how to create a portfolio with EA Studio as all ready produced some experts. However I would like to be able to use Sidekick with the EA Studio portfolio strategies.
As yet I have not started to use FSB-Pro as I need to study all the documentation.

Kind regards,
Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Perhaps a future version of MT4 Sidekick will support EA Studio-generated strategies -- I don't know.  It wouldn't be hard to do.  However, there hasn't been much interest in MT4 Sidekick, so I don't want to spend the time.  It's not about making money from MT4 Sidekick.  I really appreciate Popov's software and how much it has helped me, so developing support tools was a way of adding value and giving back.

I've used EA Studio and FSB-Pro -- both amazing tools.  I keep going back and forth between the two.  The past couple months I mostly use FSB-Pro.

Regards,
Steve

Hello Steve,
I understand!
It would of course be of benefit to me to have the ability for Sidekick to support EA Studio strategies.
Really because I have all ready pushed strategies out to demo accounts and one strategy is running now on a live account.

I have to agree that Popov's software is so refreshingly different to Strategy Quant where I spent so much time with nothing that I would trust on a live account. And I never liked the trading logic or the build method that SQ used. Certainly SQ4 seems a lot better but its been in beta for way too long.

Thus far I have concentrated and getting a portfolio of EA Studio strategies out onto demo.
As soon as I get some more time I shall be running up FSBPro, and of course your great tools will be in use.

I am all ready using MT4 Tracker as this is helping to fine tune my live account and identifying strategies on demo which initially seem to be performing with a good risk/profit ratio.
Kind regards,
Andrew.

Hello Steve,
Hope you can help. I have a purchased copy of portfolio maker & I am trying to install on a replacement desktop computer & I am told too many license activations. The registration email is Andrew_1089@btinternet.com and the serial number is 03D502E0-045E-05D2-CB06-040700080009
Thanks,
Andrew.

Hello Andrew -- sorry for the delayed response.

I sent a new license key for Portfolio Maker to your email address.

Regards,
Steve

Hello Steve,

I've the same issue.

I've already sent you an email to support@MT4Tracker.com'.

Could please look into the issue?

Greets

18 (edited by Lagoons 2019-09-27 08:49:22)

Hello, I still cannot use the software.

I really need a new activation code.

Best regards

I still cannot use the software.

What's going on?

What a bad service this is.

The software us useless for me now.

Never again!

21 (edited by GD 2019-10-12 16:14:40)

Sometimes the problem is with broker.
In my case broker did not accept many trades at same time, but one every 2 minutes!
I changen broker and I had no differences between Demo and Real account.
I made a lot of noise to Sleytus why the software did not respond!
Neither him neither I were responsible...

To be programmer does not mean something relative to business...