forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Bug: Data horizon is ignored for freshly imported data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by geektrader 2018-03-29 08:48:07)

Topic: Bug: Data horizon is ignored for freshly imported data

Hi Mr. Popov,

here is a little bug: if importing a new pair / updating an existing one with 200000 bars of data, then going to the Generator or Reactor and selecting that pair, it selectes ALL bars (200000), regardless of what is set in the "Data Horizon" under "Settings". Only if going there and changing "Maximum data bars" (or clicking up just 1 bar), it will then load the correct amount of bars for the Generator / Reactor.

Thanks in advance for fixing that.

Re: Bug: Data horizon is ignored for freshly imported data

Thank you for reporting that!

I have made some changes to the data import last month. The reason was that when you import data files, they were filtered out first and then uploaded to the cloud. However, this behavior was misleading because in order to upload your full data, you have to remove the Data Horizon limits first. 

Now the Data Import by-passes the Data Horizon settings and upload the full history. However, you are right, it must apply the Data Horizon for the data currently used in the app. I'll add this to my ToDo.

Trade Safe!

I uploaded a new version. It applies Data Horizon only for the in-memory data. It upload the the full data files to the cloud.

Nice, thank you, I will test it!

Just tested it, works correctly now :=) Thanks and happy Easter :-)

Hi Mr. Popov,

I´ve just noticed that if loading a settings-file via "Import Settings" and if that includes another amount of bars for the Data Horizon than before, it does not get updated as well. So for example: If I have set 100000 bars before, then load a settings-file that set this to 60000 bars, the amount of bars is not updated in the Generator / Reactor / Validator until I manually change the bars.

Please verify....

Thank you :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Matters → Bug: Data horizon is ignored for freshly imported data