Re: MT4 Tracker -- new tool for monitoring & pruning EA portfolio

MT4 Tracker cannot be used with Portfolio Maker (using fsb pro) made logs from Strategy Tester of MT4?
If yes, how can I do it?

Yes it can...

From within MT4 Tracker select   Tools / Open Tester Log...
The log file is created under <Data Folder>\tester\files

Hi Sleytus

Finally I located file here and everything works

c:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\tester\files\

Hi Sleytus

I tried to use mq5. It is not ready yet?

Hello GD,

Turns out that MT5 does not support Magic Numbers (or portfolio EAs).  So, the MT5 option is not supported and the MT5 checkbox will be removed in a future update.

Some brokers offer the so called "hedging accounts" in MT 5, which allow opening of several positions per symbol. We may expand the Portfolio to work with MT 5 once we figure out how to do it because the way MT does it is a complete mess.

I am unclear about the use of the software

As a Premium member how can I use this software without added cost of buying it

Read the beginning of the thread -- it should then become more clear.

If you are saying that the FSBP license key is what is being requested to register the program then it saying that it is invalid.

So whats the procedure?

That is my original question as it is not clear how a user would instal and use the software. It is assumed.

For those interested, there is an updated version of MT4 Tracker.  Here's a link:
http://nutsaboutnets-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/MT4Tracker_Setup.exe

Say that I have been running a portfolio of 10 strategies created with Expert Advisor Studio. For whatever reason, I now want to stop using this portfolio, but 3 of the 10 strategies have open trades. I want these 3 trades to close using their strategy rules. What should I do?

1) Purge all 10 strategies and run the new EA file.
2) Purge the 7 strategies that don't have open trades, run the new EA file, and wait for the trades to close, purging those strategies if necessary.
3) Something else...

Probably you should post this is the EAStudio section.

byerguelph wrote:

Say that I have been running a portfolio of 10 strategies created with Expert Advisor Studio. For whatever reason, I now want to stop using this portfolio, but 3 of the 10 strategies have open trades. I want these 3 trades to close using their strategy rules. What should I do?

1) Purge all 10 strategies and run the new EA file.
2) Purge the 7 strategies that don't have open trades, run the new EA file, and wait for the trades to close, purging those strategies if necessary.
3) Something else...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

Probably you should post this is the EAStudio section.

No, I am talking about using the MT4 Tracker software to purge individual strategies from an EAS created portfolio. I'm wondering whether MT4 Tracker totally ignores purged strategies or whether it just won't open new trades for purged strategies.

Tracker merely tracks...... once purged. they no longer trade from the EA portfolio. The stop loss and take profit are on the order and will execute.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

sleytus wrote:

... So -- though they are no longer free, considering the time and expense many of us devote to forex, I figured that $49 USD was a small price to pay and it does partly reimburse me for the time I spend developing them.  Hope you understand...

Do I have to buy a new license when I only change the computer on which I use it?

Hi, it is not possible to change period time on MT4 Tracker ?
I want to see the performance of my EA only for the last 5 days, How can I do that ?

Thank you in advance

jordytr971 wrote:

I want to see the performance of my EA only for the last 5 days, How can I do that ?

There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. Under the main menu select:  Tools / Custom Period...

2. From MT4's Account History tab, right-click inside the grid and select "Custom Period...".  The exported *.HTML file will then only include transactions within the time period you selected.

Hi, I have 2 question about MT4 Tracker

1st: MT4Tracker prune the strategies with bad WinRatio on most recent 10 trade but do it will re-enable it if winratio rise in the future ?

2nd: MT4Tracker need at least 10 trade to calculate the Winning ratio, so for the first 10 trades  MT4 Tracker will not prune any strategies right ?

Thank you

1. MT4 Tracker prunes only those strategies you tell it to prune.  It does not re-enable strategies.

2. Again -- you decide which strategies to prune.  MT4 Tracker shows you the charts and statistics of each strategy.  You then get to decide which to prune from your EA Studio-generated portfolio EA.

Sorry I was talking about

Input feature:

https://s8.postimg.cc/mm30ip7a9/input.png

221 (edited by GD 2018-08-29 16:25:14)

Hi sleytus

Yesterday I changed my Hard Disk (Honorary Dead)
I cannot register again MT4 Tracker in my second PC.
It says maximum activations have been exceeded.
I already send 2 emails. Are you in hollidays?

Regards

Hello GD,

I'm not on holiday, but I am out of the country.  I just now sent a new license key to your "zcode" email address.

Regards

Hi, I have a portfolio running on MT4 and 1 Strategy went bad,
If I stop this portfolio and put a new one with just this strategy removed do the portfolio will manage the open trade from the old portfolio ? (Not the strategy that went bad but the others strategy who had 1 open trade)

Thank you .

Think carefully about your question...

Each strategy in MT4 is identified by a magic number.  If a strategy is currently running (i.e. there is code executing) for a particular magic number then if that code creates a CLOSE signal then MT4 applies that request to the magic number associated with the pending order.

It's not that complicated and there are not that many moving parts, yet, it is very important to have a firm understanding of how the pieces work together.

So -- to directly answer your question -- you can stop / start a portfolio EA as many times as you want.  However, only when the portfolio EA is actually running will strategies be able to manage their open trades.  MT4 doesn't care about old or new portfolios -- only magic numbers.

hannahis wrote:

2. Can it collate the data from excel files in the format in Fxblue? 

In Fxblue, it collate many trading accounts into 1 portfolio so instead of going to 10 different accounts to download the history transactions, it would be easier to download all these information (from various accounts) in 1 click from my FxBlue so that I can compare these EA and select them into 1 portfolio.

Is this possible? At the moment im running quite a few mt4, so it takes alittle time to download the history from all of them compare to just collect all in fxblue then export them.

Thanks friends