Topic: Large amount of Ambiguous Bars

Good afternoon fellow users,

I'm having difficulty with the generator. I keep getting a large amount of Ambiguous bars when I open a new strategy and don't touch anything. I recently found the post on increasing bars, also the video on using "all available shorter periods". I'm currently trying to use around 90k bars for the generator. When I download data from my broker into FSB it says its pulling in 100k bars from M1 up to M30, yet no strats are generated saying basically all 90-100k bars are ambiguous. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Large amount of Ambiguous Bars

You have to adding trading rules to your strategy.  By default the strategy opens without rules to determine the trading direction. The backtester sees opportunity to open both long and short positions at Bar Open and marks the bar as "Ambiguous". It also cancels the none-determined entries.

Please post a screenshot if your case is different and we will find an explanation.

Hey Mr. Popov thanks for quick reply. If you can see the photo, all I've done is add an exit of 30 pip trailing stop and locked it. Even if I link or don't pick anything I still have the large amounts of bars. I also included "may use" for TP,BE,SL and to generate same directional signal and opposite direction signal. Is there something else I could be doing wrong?

Please try to attach your image again or post a link to it.

Can you see it now?

I'm going to email you, can't remember my password to log in on my laptop...