Re: MT4 Tracker -- new tool for monitoring & pruning EA portfolio

rantampla wrote:

But in this week you can see the Magic Numbers 200010, 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 in Trade Statistiks.

I compared the two *.mq4 files -- 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 have been properly excluded.  However, 200011 was excluded instead of 200010.

The reason why you may still see those magic numbers in the Account History is probably due to pending orders.  When the pending orders close then you will see them in the Account History.  Since 200011, 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 have been replaced with a dummy strategy that never trades, then there will not be any *new* trades.  That is, an excluded magic number will not open any new trades, but there may still be some open trades that will later close and appear in the Account History.

What I generally do is when I decide to exclude a strategy then I check if there are any open trades.  I will then manually close them.  If I don't manually close them, then the open trades will continue running until they reach a SL, TP, or close signal.

152 (edited by rantampla 2017-09-17 00:14:39)

sleytus wrote:
rantampla wrote:

But in this week you can see the Magic Numbers 200010, 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 in Trade Statistiks.

I compared the two *.mq4 files -- 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 have been properly excluded.  However, 200011 was excluded instead of 200010.

The reason why you may still see those magic numbers in the Account History is probably due to pending orders.  When the pending orders close then you will see them in the Account History.  Since 200011, 200015, 200018, 200028, 200032 and 200042 have been replaced with a dummy strategy that never trades, then there will not be any *new* trades.  That is, an excluded magic number will not open any new trades, but there may still be some open trades that will later close and appear in the Account History.

What I generally do is when I decide to exclude a strategy then I check if there are any open trades.  I will then manually close them.  If I don't manually close them, then the open trades will continue running until they reach a SL, TP, or close signal.

Hello.

Thanks for Answer,

normally i do the same, close after delete the Strategie, but now when you write me this, i think, maybe i have it not make last week, it is so much accounts and strategies, maybe i have forgot it.

Sorry and big thanks for helping smile

Hi
Please see the attached screenshot of the error I got. I guess a rounding issue.
Regards,

Post's attachments

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.02.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.02.42 PM.png 11.18 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Could you attach the *.html file that caused this error?  That way I could reproduce the error and attempt to fix it.

Thanks

sleytus wrote:

Could you attach the *.html file that caused this error?  That way I could reproduce the error and attempt to fix it.

Thanks

Please find attached
regards

Post's attachments

DetailedStatement1.htm 249.75 kb, 7 downloads since 2017-09-30 

araza wrote:

Please see the attached screenshot of the error I got. I guess a rounding issue

I think you are correct -- there is a rounding error.  But the error exists in the way that MetaTrader sums all the Swap values.  To demonstrate this, I've attached a text file that lists all the Swap values from the *.html file.  When I load the text file into Excel and sum the column of Swap values the total is -$6.43 (the same as MT4 Tracker).  However, the *.html file reports a total of -$6.42.  That is, Excel's calculation is consistent with MT4 Tracker and differs by 0.01 from the result reported by the AccountHistory *.html file.

There really isn't a proper fix for this in MT4 Tracker, because the error is in the *.html file.  In an updated version of MT4 Tracker I may give you the option of whether or not to ignore this computational error.  It really has no effect on the rest of the program and was only included as a check. 

Since no one else has reported this problem, then I would suggest a temporary work-around.  Open the *.html file in a text editor (such as Notepad++) and search for a swap of "-0.01" and change it to "0.00".  This will increment the -$6.43 in MT4 Tracker to -$6.42, which will match the result in the *.html.

Does this make sense?

157 (edited by sleytus 2017-10-01 23:28:32)

Sorry -- for some reason the *.txt file that I attach keeps getting deleted.  I guess you'll have to take my word for it...

sleytus wrote:
araza wrote:

Please see the attached screenshot of the error I got. I guess a rounding issue

I think you are correct -- there is a rounding error.  But the error exists in the way that MetaTrader sums all the Swap values.  To demonstrate this, I've attached a text file that lists all the Swap values from the *.html file.  When I load the text file into Excel and sum the column of Swap values the total is -$6.43 (the same as MT4 Tracker).  However, the *.html file reports a total of -$6.42.  That is, Excel's calculation is consistent with MT4 Tracker and differs by 0.01 from the result reported by the AccountHistory *.html file.

There really isn't a proper fix for this in MT4 Tracker, because the error is in the *.html file.  In an updated version of MT4 Tracker I may give you the option of whether or not to ignore this computational error.  It really has no effect on the rest of the program and was only included as a check. 

Since no one else has reported this problem, then I would suggest a temporary work-around.  Open the *.html file in a text editor (such as Notepad++) and search for a swap of "-0.01" and change it to "0.00".  This will increment the -$6.43 in MT4 Tracker to -$6.42, which will match the result in the *.html.

Does this make sense?

Yup makes sense...I will take care of it at my end using notepad++
Just as a suggestion it should ignore values after decimals...upto 0.05..this way there wont be any errors...
Thanks...loving using the app...
Regards

Hey Sleytus -  I've been using your amazing piece of software - well done man! and a big thank you for releasing it gratis!

I wanted to report an error it threw today:

https://s1.postimg.org/6ls28c6m97/Capture.jpg

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at MT4Tracker.frmMain.numTradeNo_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at MT4Tracker.frmMain.mnuOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36399 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MT4Tracker
    Assembly Version: 1.0.9944.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.9944.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/MT4Tracker.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36411 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
    Assembly Version: 4.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
DataNAN
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/DataNAN.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36403 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Navigator
    Assembly Version: 4.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Navigator.DLL
ControlsNAN
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/ControlsNAN.DLL
ZedGraph
    Assembly Version: 5.1.5.28844
    Win32 Version: 5.1.5.28844
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/ZedGraph.DLL
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.36393 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
HtmlAgilityPack
    Assembly Version: 1.4.9.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.9.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MT4Tracker/HtmlAgilityPack.DLL
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.}

Hope it helps! smile

Hello Sleytus,

Just an idea for a feature which would help when analyzing a basket of trading systems.  Knowing the average number of trades per week (or month) would be great.  The reason being when you test many time frames, it would be good to know how many expected trades per month for the system - that way you know if you have tested for enough time.

Just an idea smile   (I know you probably have hundreds hehe)

Thanks!

161 (edited by hannahis 2017-10-08 09:39:44)

Hi Sleytus,

Great piece of work. 

A few questions:

1.  Can it "merge" different accounts together?

I've lots of EA in various MT4 accounts and I want to compare these EA together from these accounts.

I would like to select the good EA from each accounts and then merge these EA data together so that I can compare and select these good EA from various accounts to see what's the performance going to be like as a portfolio (on certain trading days/periods)

2. Can it collate the data from excel files in the format in Fxblue? 

In Fxblue, it collate many trading accounts into 1 portfolio so instead of going to 10 different accounts to download the history transactions, it would be easier to download all these information (from various accounts) in 1 click from my FxBlue so that I can compare these EA and select them into 1 portfolio.

3. In additions to trade number, can there be a vertical line to serve as daily separator with the dates below on the horizontal axis?

When I view each individual EA's equity chart, there is Trade number on the horizontal (x axis), it would be helpful if there is a daily/period line separator like the MT4 so that I can see there number of trades being trade in a day and date. 

1.  I will know how many trades were done in a day, trade frequency
2.  I will know which days the EA aren't doing well (breakout or ranging) and go to that particular date to examine what's the market conditions and thereby know whether this is a ranging EA or Breakout EA.  Better still I can look for EA that can do well in most market conditions.

4. Can you add date/period filter to look for which EA perform best during ranging/breakout periods?

I want to group my EA into 3 categories, Breakout EA and Ranging EA and Volatile EA and then from these 3 groups of EA, select and mix them accordingly into 1 portfolio.

I'm looking for a software whereby I can on, the vertical column view the list of EA I have and on horizontal rows are the daily P/L so that I can highlight the days into 3 types of markets, ranging, breakout and volatile.  So that I can know how each EA perform during these different markets and aid me in my EA selection.  Cos I want to create a portfolio that have a mixture of these EA but knowing how their performance individually would help me understand what's the ratio to use.  For example, 50% ranging EA, 30% Breakout EA and 20% volatile EA.  Knowing the "optimal" ratio is very important in order to ensure the portfolio is making money in most of the time.  I can have many profitable EA but if I don't combine them correctly, even if they are profitable overall, but with the "wrong" combination, I can still face daily loses because other EA in the portfolio can pull down the overall profit.

Most of us select EA based on their overall performance metrics without taking into account the period in which it is trading.  If I were to go about with the overall performance metrics as my selection criteria, I would probably ended up with 80% Breakout EA.  However, if a portfolio is made up of 80% Breakout EA, it would face many days of drawn down.  Hence to "stablise" the portfolio, I need to mix my portfolio with different types of EA for different types of market conditions.  Thus "synchronizing" these EA based on the same period they are trading and then comparing them side by side is a "fair" comparison (and better selection process) then to select these EA base on their overall results if these EA results were based on different trading/backtesting periods.  In another words, it is not fair to compare the overall results of EA 1 that traded in 2016 with another EA's overall results that was traded in 2015.

hmmmmmm  to do all that would cost one big amount of money, so far he has supplied it for free.

Popov emplys a couple prommers. why not ask them for a quote?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hey Sleytus,

Got another error come up (where the software is not matching the report)

https://s1.postimg.org/4ku6ylqbuj/Capture.jpg

Im not sure why there is a difference between the different P&L's

statement attached,

Appreciate the help smile

Post's attachments

DetailedStatement.htm 345.66 kb, 4 downloads since 2017-10-09 

Blaiserboy wrote:

hmmmmmm  to do all that would cost one big amount of money, so far he has supplied it for free.

Popov emplys a couple prommers. why not ask them for a quote?

Hi Dave,

How have you been? Hope all is well with you.

Yes, I'm hoping to find one already available.  Saw somewhere MyforexDashBoard seem to have what I need but the website isn't functioning anymore.

Meanwhile, I think I'll learn how to use Vlookup or some excel function to extract daily net profit into my spreadsheet.

If anyone know what function to use or you tube video where I can learn, kindly direct me to it.  Thanks

sleytus wrote:

Here's a link to the web site for MT4 Tracker: 
http://MT4Tracker.com

Here's a link that describes the software:
http://mt4tracker.com/software-info/

MT4 Tracker is a free, Windows application that is designed to monitor an account with many EAs running -- e.g. individual strategies developed by FSB Pro or Portfolio Experts created by EA Studio.  Popov's software creates amazing portfolios of EAs and the problem for me then became how to keep track of everything, determine which strategies actually perform well, and identify and remove the poor-performers from among dozens or 100's of EAs.  Though MT4 Tracker can be useful for evaluating *any* MT4 account that runs multiple EAs, it really is designed to complement FSB Pro and EA Studio.

MT4 Tracker works by parsing the Account History report (*.HTM) generated by MT4.  It collects statistics for each strategy (based on Magic Number).  You can view the statistics and performance chart for each strategy, along with the portfolio as a whole.  MT4 Tracker allows you to perform "what if" tests to see how the portfolio would have performed if certain strategies had been excluded.

If your account is running strategies created by FSB Pro you can then use the results to determine which EAs to keep running and which to shutdown.  If your account is running a Portfolio Expert created by EA Studio then MT4 Tracker can take the original *.MQ4 and generate a new one where the poor-performers have been "pruned".  To "prune" the Portfolio Expert MQ4 file the application substitutes a "dummy" strategy for the original one in the strategyList[] array.  In this way the Magic Numbers for the Portfolio Expert do not change.

For questions / comments please post to this thread and I will attempt to respond in a timely fashion -- but no guarantee.

after i install,it show it is  not valid for Win32 application......can help??

Thx

See if this page will help your situation

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-not-valid-win32-application

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

tcheehang wrote:

after i install,it show it is  not valid for Win32 application

I've downloaded and checked the installation and application program -- they're fine.  Did you have a problem running the installation program or the MT4 Tracker application program?

What type of machine are you using and what version of Windows are you running?

Did you try repeating the download and installation?

DoCZero wrote:

...Got another error come up (where the software is not matching the report...

Here's a link to an updated version of the program:
http://nutsaboutnets-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/MT4Tracker_Setup_1.0.9948.exe

It's not an "official" release, but should get you past the problem you're encountering.  In this particular case, the problem was with the large Swap value -- perhaps a rounding error -- I don't know. 

The way I've decided to address issues such as this going forward is to simply display the discrepancies and then let the user decide whether or not to continue.  As I mentioned earlier, I don't think small discrepancies will affect the subsequent analysis of strategies.

When reading and parsing the Account History *.html file the program computes running values for Commissions, Taxes, Swaps and Profits -- and then compares these with the final values reported by the *.html file.  'Computed' refers to the values computed by the program, and 'Closed' refers to the values reported in the *.html file.

Hopefully this version works for you but, if not, let me know and I will take another stab at it.

sleytus wrote:

the problem was with the large Swap value

Hey Sleytus - Thanks very much mate , this solved the problem.  Yep with the way you show the swaps / comissions and taxes you can really see the swaps are out.

Appreciate the hard work - your a champion!

PT

Hi
Since MT4 tracker is part of my workflow..thanks for this great tool. I needed to find out how to do the following:

I generate 100 strategies and put them on MT4...after a month I use MT4tracker and weed out the bad ones. I now need to upload the remaining 30 strategies in EA studio to see which one were doing good...maybe optimize them..learn what works and what doesnt etc...
How can I do that...also there is a number like 164.1 generated with each strategy in EA Studio...can that be tagged somehow...so that when opening the original json file with 100 strategies..one could go through that...what I am really trying to get at is that magic number starts at 100 and adds a value to each strategy....how do I know that 10012 is strategy 164.1 or some other number.

I hope you understand what I am getting at.

Thanks

You can retest the collection with the Validator, to remove the strategies that you don't like and to export a new Portfolio.

Popov wrote:

You can retest the collection with the Validator, to remove the strategies that you don't like and to export a new Portfolio.

I get that...but when I review the portfolio in MT4 or fxblue...it has the magic number 10012...now lets assume this is the only strategy I want to keep...how do I know which strategy it is when (original) json file (100 strategies) is imported in EA studio..I know I can weed out using the mt4 tracker and it will create a file for me with only that strategy...but loading the file with strategies (weeded out) in EA Studio and having some link to the magic number would help??

173 (edited by rjectweb 2017-10-26 13:12:09)

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Thanks a lot araza for posting it. Once I have chosen which strategies I'd like to export using MT4 Tracker, I'm finding it diffucult to export them in MT4 format, because using Validator and importing them in ES Studio changes their magic number or the order they are when they are presented in the collection, so I don't really know which one was the specific strategy I wanted to export.

Could it be posible to import a portfolio EA back to EA studio (strategies section, just the same it is imported a collection), but without being filtered or reordered by a criteria: just preserving the order it was used when it is created?

MT4 tracker is a great tool. But somehow it lacks some integration with EA Studio: I can not create/export the single EAs inside MT4 tracker. It would be great if EA Studio had a similar tool inside it (a portfolio manager) so we could do portfolio managing inside EA Studio a lot easier...

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.

Hello.

Its all easy, what you will make.

You use MT4-Tracker and you see Strat 0 to 99

You can export it with MT4Tracker when you only this single Strat will have.

But when you will make a Single EA with one Strat from Portfolio, you can open the MQ4 and you can see all 0-99 Strat in the MQ4 File.

When you look in MT4 Tracker and use Magic 100 or 200 or 300 or ... in portfolio EA, you find then all Strats in this form.

0 = magic 100000
1 = magic 100001
2 = magic 100002
99=magic 100099

the same with 200
0 = magic 20000
99=magic 20099

With this you can indentify all Strategies and can use it in EA Studio.

Popov have in Forum write a way, with this you can very easy make a Strat from a portfolio make to a single EA and then load back in EAStudio

It is very easy and i use it for the best Strategies. Then from 100 Strategies, by after few weeks / months, only 1-3 Strats very good.

You can search over my nick, i have Mr. Popov ask few weeks back for this Option.

Sorry for my bad Englisch, i hope you can read it.

Greetings, Marcus smile

araza wrote:

...I hope you understand what I am getting at....

More recently I've switched back to FSB Pro and have become less familiar with EA Studio -- so I may be wrong -- but I think that once you add your strategies to an EA Studio-generated portfolio EA then you lose track of the original strategy ID numbers.  That is, inside EA Studio you may know your favorite strategy as "164.1", but once that gets exported and inserted into a portfolio EA then that information is lost.  Your favorite strategy gets a new magic number (e.g. 10057) and there is no way for MT4 Tracker to know that magic number 10057 was previously "164.1" in EA Studio.

So, MT4 Tracker can help you identify good and poor performers, and then exclude poor performers from a portfolio EA.  In this way you end up with a "pruned" portfolio EA that hopefully performs better overall than the original.  But if your goal is to extract the good performers so you can re-optimize / re-train them, then the current version of MT4 Tracker can not do that.

In theory something could be done because there is enough information in the portfolio EA to re-create the original strategies, but it wouldn't be easy and it goes beyond the scope of the tool.  I think I read in a different thread that Popov will address this issue in a future EA Studio update -- so, let's wait to see what he comes up with.