Topic: Free Economic Indicators: COT, US data and more to come!
In this thread I'd like to share with you some side results of project I'm currently working on right now. It's a package of indicators which can be used to get economic data - Commitment of Traders (COT) reports, US economic data (like inflation, unemployment, GDP, money supply etc.). I'm using these indicators as a feeds for my ANN system, but I believe lots of you will find it useful in your trade and analysis.
ALL DATA IS UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY!
No need to cope with files, manual stuff etc. I'm getting the data from official web sites directly! So once the new info appears on sites like CFTC, BLS, FRED etc - the system automatically gets it.
What trading platforms supported. Currently I've only implemented it for MT4 - but actually I'm gonna implement it for other platforms like ZuluTrade, Ninja Trader etc. (unfortunately I'm not familiar with their codebase yet - so it will take me some time to learn).
How it looks. Here are the examples of what you can get on your MT4 terminal.
Examples of COT reports and charts
You can download the package with indicators from this page - http://www.darkmindfx.com/freedownload.html - also there you'll find the instructions on how to make these indicators available in your MT4 terminal.
NOTE: All this stuff is in Very BETA stage! If you'll try it and face any issues - don't hesitate and drop me a line - wither in this thread on as private message. I'll try to fix it ASAP.
More to come!
Here is the installation instruction for MetaTrader 4.
Windows 7 with .NET Framework: v. 4.5 or higher - you can download it Microsoft website, it's free
Windows 8 and higher
1. Download ZIP archive with the package
2. In your MetaTrader 4 terminal select File -> Open Data Folder
3. In ther opened window navigate to MQL4\Indicators
4. Extract archive content to this folder - you'll get the DarkMondFx folder with .ex4 and .dll files
5. Now open you MetaTrader 4 installation folder - i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\FXCM MetaTrader 4\
6. Move all the .dll files except DarkMindConnect.dll from MQL4\Indicators\DarkMindFx to this folder
7. In MetaTrader 4 terminal open Tools > Options > Experts Advisers tab and make sure "Allow DLL imports" checked
8. Refresh indicators list in the terminal
Done! Now your trading environment is ready and you can add indicator windows to your chart.
I'll be maintaining this thread so if you'll have any comments or questions - feel free to post here - I'll try to answer ASAP!